Little

They're just coming to work

Rate this topic

245 posts in this topic

Grace Carr:

Foreign asylum seekers make up the vast majority of Portland, Maine’s population growth and occupy nearly all of the space in its shelters, pushing the city’s abilities to provide resources, according to reports.

Portland has seen a steady growth in population since 2010, according to the World Population Review. Much of that population growth, however, has resulted from foreign-born persons, most of African descent, traveling to the city to seek asylum, The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday.

Between 2011 and 2016, foreign-born persons accounted for over 75 percent of the city’s growth, according to a city report, WSJ reported.

“The word is out there that our community is open to that population and has some assistance programs,” said Portland Social Services Division administrator David MacLean, according to WSJ. “Our local resources are not able to keep up,” he added.

Now if the above line were true , coming here to work, then the article would say "resulting in a BIG housing boom, pushing local contractors and suppliers' abilities to provide resources."

But it doesnt.  Does it?

Democrats have officially abandoned all pretenses about abortion and their intentions.  Yesterday was the end of that.

Will they ever abandon the "they're coming to work", or "just doing the jobs"  bla bla bla?  I say no, how about you?

It's been a pet peeve of mine.

Let's say the immigrants came here and followed procedure and we admitted them for whatever reason.

My question would be - "where will you be next week at this time?"

They would have to have the cash to support  themselves until gainfully employed, or a relative, sponsor, employer who will support them until then.

Barring that, what is the plan? 

9 mins ago, Billybob said:

It's been a pet peeve of mine.

Let's say the immigrants came here and followed procedure and we admitted them for whatever reason.

My question would be - "where will you be next week at this time?"

They would have to have the cash to support  themselves until gainfully employed, or a relative, sponsor, employer who will support them until then.

Barring that, what is the plan? 

To brand you a racist.

1 min ago, Little said:

To brand you a racist.

:laugh: That's another one of my pet peeves.

Does anyone really believe it matters what color these people are?

9 mins ago, Billybob said:

well how would you know who to hate if they arent brown?

25 mins ago, The Dude said:

Guy with racist avatar whines about people being called racists. Welcome to SOL. 

The entirely personal stuff needs to end Dude...let your personal issues with Little go, time to move on.

TimS

39 mins ago, Billybob said:

Nope, illegal is illegal

28 mins ago, The Dude said:

Guy with racist avatar whines about people being called racists. Welcome to SOL. 

It's not racist, you're continued foot stomping won't make it so either.

41 mins ago, Billybob said:

Yes, absolutely - the racists believe the color of their skin matters - it's incredibly important to them that skin color matters. That's how they think they are dismissing people from the valid points they make about the gigantic suck on our nation illegal aliens are - they claim it's racist to not like that illegal aliens cost us hundred of billions annually. They can't argue with logic because there is NO logic that would defend such absurdity. So they claim it's their skin color to which you object.

Same thing they did when you criticized Obama - it wasn't because he was a horrible president, it was obviously his skin color :clown:

I agree, skin color shouldn't matter...it's the racists that continually disagree and try to make skin color the ONLY thing that matters...it's incredibly sad.

TimS

11 mins ago, TimS said:

The entirely personal stuff needs to end Dude...let your personal issues with Little go, time to move on.

TimS

Got nothing to do with Little per se. I'd call it out regardless of the poster as I stand against racist garbage 

5 mins ago, TimS said:

Same thing they did when you criticized Obama - it wasn't because he was a horrible president, it was obviously his skin color :clown:

Obama is sandwiched between Dubya bush and Donald Trump,

in my opinion anyone who thinks he's horrible has some underlying racial issues in play.

period.

attacking Obama over a particular policy decision,

VALID

attacking Obama and making jokes about the white house lawn being strewn with empty grape soda bottles and fried chicken buckets,

racist.

being unwilling to call it racist and looking at the demographics of black people's consumption of grape soda and fried chicken and claiming the comment is support by market analysis,

enabling racism,

probably due to latent racism.