Spigola

Prayers requested for a good friend

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2019 at 9:47 AM, Spigola said:

My friend, Knight771 is currently in OR in Philadelphia undergoing some nasty surgery.  I know there are a lot of guys who differ with his political views but I hope you join with me in a quick positive thought , or prayer whichever you prefer, for a speedy and full recovery.  He's a two time Nam vet and retired chopper pilot. Good luck my friend.

Prayers and good wishes coming his way!

I'm BAAAACCCKK!!!  Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.  Op supposedly went well and I am cancer free as far as can be determined.  More check ups and look sees in the future but I think the worst is over for now.

I spend most of my time in the PG going round and round to no purpose but having fun for the most part.  It is like an addiction.  I also post on the Enfield Forum as I do enjoy clay shooting of all kinds.  Since I seem to have a well of good thoughts here also, I will post a lot more when my pal Spig isn't jamming up the thread.  My posts will mostly begin "Got the skunk today" except for fluke season.  We kill the fluke especially since I taught Spig how to fish for them in NJ on my "little boat."

Thanks to Spig.  He has been a great friend and fishing/shooting partner over the years.  He is cantankerous, noisy, funny and a real pleasure to be with most of the time.  He is ultra hyper.  I'll tell you all personally about the time I was teaching him to fish for speckled trout down in north Florida.  Hilarious!!!!  Really good guy.

Hopefully I will be healed up completely by mid-March.  Just in time for the stripers in NJ to start getting active.

23 hours ago, Knight771 said:

I'm BAAAACCCKK!!!  Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.  Op supposedly went well and I am cancer free as far as can be determined.  More check ups and look sees in the future but I think the worst is over for now.

I spend most of my time in the PG going round and round to no purpose but having fun for the most part.  It is like an addiction.  I also post on the Enfield Forum as I do enjoy clay shooting of all kinds.  Since I seem to have a well of good thoughts here also, I will post a lot more when my pal Spig isn't jamming up the thread.  My posts will mostly begin "Got the skunk today" except for fluke season.  We kill the fluke especially since I taught Spig how to fish for them in NJ on my "little boat."

Thanks to Spig.  He has been a great friend and fishing/shooting partner over the years.  He is cantankerous, noisy, funny and a real pleasure to be with most of the time.  He is ultra hyper.  I'll tell you all personally about the time I was teaching him to fish for speckled trout down in north Florida.  Hilarious!!!!  Really good guy.

Hopefully I will be healed up completely by mid-March.  Just in time for the stripers in NJ to start getting active.

Aw gee, thanks buddy. 

Prayers for a speedy and full recovery from way down here in North Carolina. Also prayers for the family and whoever is taking care of him. You guys were an amazing help to me with your prayers and encouragement when my wife had breast cancer. It's been a bunch of years ago now and she's been completely clean for over 10 years.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:58 AM, Spigola said:

Aw gee, thanks buddy. 

Does anyone here on SOL not love "Spigola"???????????

The best.

You’re making me blush. Just told my wife about your comment. Says she’d like to get together with you guys maybe on Staten Island for dinner one night soon.