Spigola

Prayers requested for a good friend

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, bonefishdick said:

Prayers for your friend, never met him but I will say this when it comes to political views their is nothing like being wheeled into the OR to put politics in a proper perspective.

Thoughts and prayers for Knight, may he recover quickly and completely. As for the above statement, thats a bulls eye. When that gurney pulls up under those bright lights, its nut cutting time, only you, your maker and a few close family members matter, well, your hoping your doc is on his game too. 

Recoveries are also difficult, its like dieting, you need to put the work in and at first gains are minimal. Keep putting each day behind you and if your not declining your winning. It all seems uphill at the time, hopefully the day comes when its a level effort, then maybe some downhill coasting. Life on a daily basis.

Makes me think, I need a diet. 

5 hours ago, bonefishdick said:

Prayers for your friend, never met him but I will say this when it comes to political views their is nothing like being wheeled into the OR to put politics in a proper perspective.

Thoughts and prayers for Knight, may he recover quickly and completely. As for the above statement, thats a bulls eye. When that gurney pulls up under those bright lights, its nut cutting time, only you, your maker and a few close family members matter, well, your hoping your doc is on his game too. 

Recoveries are also difficult, its like dieting, you need to put the work in and at first gains are minimal. Keep putting each day behind you and if your not declining your winning. It all seems uphill at the time, hopefully the day comes when its a level effort, then maybe some downhill coasting. Life on a daily basis.

Makes me think, I need a diet. 

1 hour ago, Spigola said:

Just heard from his wife.  Surgery went well and he is in recovery.  Thanks for your T&P's guys.

Great news, prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Prayers to Knight and all the folks that care about him, he's always been one of the good guys :)

TimS

5 mins ago, TimS said:

Prayers to Knight and all the folks that care about him, he's always been one of the good guys :)

TimS

Thanks Tim.  I passed that on to him through his wife.  I know he's gotten ornery in the Political Forum but he is truly one of the "good guys".  Gotta respect all our former service members.

See you and your beautiful bride soon at the FF. 

17 mins ago, Spigola said:

Thanks Tim.  I passed that on to him through his wife.  I know he's gotten ornery in the Political Forum but he is truly one of the "good guys".  Gotta respect all our former service members.

See you and your beautiful bride soon at the FF. 

Spig, nothing that happens in the PG leaves the PG for me. I honestly don't care what political leanings people have, fishing bought us all together, the PG is just an outlet that helps keep politics from mucking up all the other forums here :)  

TimS

Knights the man!!  He's a tough old Army dude - he'll pull through.   We'll have him back in prop-blast in a week!!  

Sending positive vibes for a steady recovery, gratitude for his sacrifice & service & a healthy , prosperous , happy future . He’s fortunate to have a compassionate , genuine friend in you . I’m hoping for positive things for you as well . Bill J 

20 hours ago, TimS said:

Spig, nothing that happens in the PG leaves the PG for me. I honestly don't care what political leanings people have, fishing bought us all together, the PG is just an outlet that helps keep politics from mucking up all the other forums here :)  

TimS

+1 I have had some disagreements with him in the PG and wish him a super speedy recover and well wishes

Anybody that served our country proudly deserves nothing but the best as well