eelbasher

Mustad 34185 8/0 replacement?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Mustad discontinued them along with the 5/0 and 7/0 sizes.  I bought the last of the 5/0's that Terminal Tackle had as that's a popular size for a lot of the heads I make.

To the best of my knowledge no one else makes a good strong short shank 60 degree jig hook.  Everything else is longer shanks or not as strong.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:04 AM, Dan Tinman said:

Mustad discontinued them along with the 5/0 and 7/0 sizes.  I bought the last of the 5/0's that Terminal Tackle had as that's a popular size for a lot of the heads I make.

To the best of my knowledge no one else makes a good strong short shank 60 degree jig hook.  Everything else is longer shanks or not as strong.

Sucks. I have some 7/0 left but the 8/0 is what I need. Guess I’m sol at this point. Thanks for the info Dan

Right now I have the better part of a thousand of the 34185 size 8/0 left.  It's only a matter of time before I have go to something else so the thought has occurred to me that the ones I have left might be desired by other guys.  If I made them ( the 8/0's) available would anyone be interested in buying some? 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:05 PM, eelbasher said:

Nope go on both places. There has to be another heavy gauge short shank hook out there

Without that hook I am dead in the water. I hope they haven't discoed.

wow...........It's true...I found this notice on Terminal Tackles web page. I just order 100 box mid season last year. Had I known I would have bought them all.

terminaltackle.JPG

29 mins ago, Dan Tinman said:

Right now I have the better part of a thousand of the 34185 size 8/0 left.  It's only a matter of time before I have go to something else so the thought has occurred to me that the ones I have left might be desired by other guys.  If I made them ( the 8/0's) available would anyone be interested in buying some? 

Yes tinman I am in. Tell me what I need to do. Any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Dan Tinman said:

Yes I would. I always bought your jigs then I ended up buying my own supplies to make em. Now I need to find new hooks haha