Stonesipher

Bleeding fish

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I agree some need it and some don't but i have a made a habit with it.... and again if you are going to do it Be careful on how you do it.. Oh and if i need a laugh i just go to youtude and watch some of the idiots on there with their how to do this and that....but something else we havent touch on.. imo its okay to bleed or no its up to you.. but no matter what you do "If" you catch let's say a nice slot snook and want to take it home... but just throw in a bucket or leave on pier for all to see Your greatness... that fish is going to taste like crap!! i have seen this so many times and yes i do say something... but you can't help stupid at times with no matter what you tell them... i guess they saw that on Youtube and decided that its okay to let your catch lay in the sun until you are ready to go home....

Not to mention the suffering of the fish. I know most think it’s snowflake territory but I hate to see a fish suffer needlessly. If I’m catching for dinner as soon as the fish is in I use my knife to kill it Ike-jime style by sliding it into the brain. Instant death. I carry a cooler and stick the fish on ice immediately after. If it’s a Snook - very hard heads -I’ll bang it hard with a hammer then do the same thing which is a little harder. I carry a sharpened awl sometimes if I expect to catch snook for dinner.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:37 PM, Drako said:

I don't know about that... but if you are going to keep a blue you better bleed them.. or cook them with a few rock... here's what you do.. bring a pot of water to boil throw in the blues then add the rocks with some salt and pepper.. boil for awhile then when you are finish throw out the blues and eat the rocks..:laugh:

obviously don't know what you're doing,blues taste more like chicken than fish if you know how to treat them after capture,better'n stripers or black sea bass ,the latter of which tastes,well,tasteless and bland