Stryper Snyper

Bills Sport Shop in Lewes

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Yeah, I read it on another forum. I liked Bill's when I was fishing Lewis and the cape.Bought a few rods there, nice people. I mainly go to Old Inlet B & T since 1966. I hate to see local B & T's  close up for good.

I saw this too - sad to see a local shop go.  I would stop there with my dad as a boy on our surf fishing adventures.... I would be interested to hear a report of what is available/what if any good deals people get, I don’t think I can make it down myself....

Sad to hear. My family vacationed at rehoboth beach for a couple years and we spent a decent amount of time in that shop. Worms and perms... 

7 hours ago, Dustyn said:

That place hasn't been good since they moved.

Had been going downhill for a while.   I did really enjoy the striper tournaments.   

1 hour ago, Eduardo Kang said:

Was that the place that used to be on Rt 1, half tackle shop and half cosmetics?

Yes

3 hours ago, DerrickT said:

Yes

I used to tell people about that place, half cosmetics and half fishing, and no one would believe me - "that doesn't make any sense..".  IIRC, it was a married couple, and they each did their own thing on their own side of the space. 

It's a shame to see another store shut down.  I'll keep this in mind and make sure I spend some extra $ the next time I stop by a local B&T.

I went in there in August to pick up some 1oz spoons and they didn’t even have them. Doubt there is much left. It’s gone down hill tremendously in last few years. I stopped going in because the minnows would either be 3/4 dead or the bait would just be bad. Used to be a nice place and they were always nice 

I used to stop in regularly on my way down, but haven't in the past few years as they never seemed to have the common items I wanted.  I did enjoy his audio reports though