giggyfish

2019 gom Codfish regulations

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Anybody got news or rumors about if the powers that be are going to change the no take policy this season. I’m really hoping for at least a small limit increase but as of yet had heard nothing. 

Unlikely IMHO, the RAP meeting isn't until the end of Feb. postponed due to the gov't shutdown. I'll let you guys know what's happening after that.

I went into the Boston location today to renew my license and asked about cod. They said they believed ground fish was going to stay the same. If I remember from last year the change occurred in March or so. I’m hoping for some change coming. Fingers crossed

42 mins ago, jmarino1432 said:

I went into the Boston location today to renew my license and asked about cod. They said they believed ground fish was going to stay the same. If I remember from last year the change occurred in March or so. I’m hoping for some change coming. Fingers crossed

The ground fishing year runs from May 1st to April 30 so absent an emergency reg change most changes will go into effect on May 1st. I expect cod to remain at "no possession" in the GOM, there might be some liberalization for southern New England, where the recent regulatory restrictions have been proven to be unwarranted.