Jewjitzu

Help Matching Rod to Reel

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Have a beautiful custom CE700L that I’m trying to match to one of these reels. It’s possible I may swap them out for each other depending on what I’m fishing for. My fear is that the BV-300 doesn’t look right on it. Am I better off keeping the saltiga on it? 

Thoughts?

E7F70BEF-71FF-4E05-B31E-3A7469FC38E3.jpeg

3051E871-8DFF-4C2D-80BC-AC11AD94789E.jpeg

C559449C-5FFB-419E-A51C-38ECD4B692ED.jpeg

4568A768-1F39-42CE-AD7E-D7FCA5508E2B.jpeg

C492827F-5C0B-4BAF-A933-A0F319B80BF3.jpeg

Edited by Jewjitzu

Both look awesome! Love the color combo with the rod and Accurate. But I wanted to ask you how do you like the CE700L? I'm in the market for a custom fluke rod and have been trying to decide between the Challenger Elite and the Gusa line from UC.

11 hours ago, Jewjitzu said:

My fear is that the BV-300 doesn’t look right on it.

The whole fishing thing goes off the rails the very moment you begin to care if other people think your rod and reel looks nice together :)

TimS

53 mins ago, TimS said:

The whole fishing thing goes off the rails the very moment you begin to care if other people think your rod and reel looks nice together :)

TimS

Was less about looking nice and more about just being proportioned. Not about color schemes and braid and what not. That's always going to be subjective. It's more about balance.

Just, is the BV too small for that rod. Is the Saltiga more proportioned for it.

Edited by Jewjitzu

32 mins ago, Paul.f150 said:

Both look awesome! Love the color combo with the rod and Accurate. But I wanted to ask you how do you like the CE700L? I'm in the market for a custom fluke rod and have been trying to decide between the Challenger Elite and the Gusa line from UC.

Thank you.

I actually love this blank, third one I had built. It's stout enough to hang up to 12oz if needed. It's a fast moderate. I had a blast togging with another rod built on this blank. And it's very light.

3 hours ago, Jewjitzu said:

Was less about looking nice and more about just being proportioned. Not about color schemes and braid and what not. That's always going to be subjective. It's more about balance.

Just, is the BV too small for that rod. Is the Saltiga more proportioned for it.

This is exactly what I thought the OP was asking in his question.... :howdy:

8 hours ago, Jewjitzu said:

My apologies...the color coordinated braid and wraps threw me off :o

The reels look to be very similar sized, I'm guessing either one of them would be fine, as long as they hold enough line for the type of fishing you are planning.

TimS

12 mins ago, TimS said:

My apologies...the color coordinated braid and wraps threw me off :o

The reels look to be very similar sized, I'm guessing either one of them would be fine, as long as they hold enough line for the type of fishing you are planning.

TimS

They are honestly the same sized reel. The only difference is the gearbox and star drag mechanism on the saltiga basically add width to the reel. 

1 min ago, BrianBM said:

TimS was right the first time. Are you making a tool to catch fish, or a decorative wall hanging?

Until it warms up, decorative wall hanging. 

Once it does, I’m hoping a combo that’s very fun to fish.