giant basshole

41 71 surfcasting

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I read on one of the ****** threads about these surf bags . Interested in feedback , anyone own one ? Who makes them ? How's the quality ? They look like very Steve Campo inspired , in fact looks like maybe they are based off his plans . 

Im all ears .

CFC6AC20-8B0B-4E05-B73F-6F36DD9A7F11-186-000000C444BB11A3.jpg

1 hour ago, giant basshole said:

I read on one of the ****** threads about these surf bags . Interested in feedback , anyone own one ? Who makes them ? How's the quality ? They look like very Steve Campo inspired , in fact looks like maybe they are based off his plans . 

Im all ears .

CFC6AC20-8B0B-4E05-B73F-6F36DD9A7F11-186-000000C444BB11A3.jpg

I saw them and was interested also. He was supposed to be at striper day but got iced in wherever he was driving from according to a post I read on insta.. since I had no other means of getting info and pricing on the bags, I reached out via insta PM a few days ago and I am waiting to hear back.. 

42 mins ago, GoneCoastal said:

Look good to me. Google didn't turn up much. Guess he's more on Social Media then a webpage ? 

Facebook

Nick's a member here so maybe he will chime in. Hopefully he will have a table at another winter show and you guys can see for yourself. I think these bags are top notch, just like his plugs. He spent alot of time and put some serious thought into these bags and they came out bulletproof for the type of fishing he does in Montauk. 

27 mins ago, Lord Helmet said:

Nick's a member here so maybe he will chime in. Hopefully he will have a table at another winter show and you guys can see for yourself. I think these bags are top notch, just like his plugs. He spent alot of time and put some serious thought into these bags and they came out bulletproof for the type of fishing he does in Montauk. 

Yes Lord Helment, it’s Nick Bocchino. These bags are designed well and use the best components available. They are high end. I have one on order. 

I have seen a few of the bags he has made. They are the real deal, 5 plus layers. Super duration, structurally solid, definitely tougher than anything that has been available before. He is planning on doing the Ward Melville show in March not sure of any other shows he will be doing. 

2 hours ago, SurffisherMike said:

I have seen a few of the bags he has made. They are the real deal, 5 plus layers. Super duration, structurally solid, definitely tougher than anything that has been available before. He is planning on doing the Ward Melville show in March not sure of any other shows he will be doing. 

Hey Mike, happy new year, it's Tom. Didn't he also address concerns on the inside of the bag which reduces the stitching in a way that I won't snag the 20 plugs I'll probably jam in there but still keep the overall Integrity of the shape of the bag? I’m way over my head, Vanessa was pointing out all the superior cuts and seams and layers and all the crafty chit she has an eye for.

-Wet boot 2019 

Same to you Tom. Yes he has a few versions already and you are correct there is one for the guy who cant keep his plugs in the tubes and jams them everywhere. The construction and durability is far superior to anything else out there. It ain't cheap and probably not for everyone, kinda like a vs, zbass, or stella but it will last a lifetime

2 hours ago, ged said:

Any additional information? I am curious to learn more about these bags.

They seemed to be a well built, well stitched bag. Simple design, heavy duty. I like to see bags and having it in my hands, I would have zero problem getting one. 

Normally, I wouldn’t hesitate to pick one up but I have a ton of bags and I’m not sure I can justify another at this point.