BillHoo

Best place to eat before and after a fishing trip at the Jersey Shore

Rate this topic

154 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2019 at 6:25 PM, bbfish said:

Gave TSTBBQ a shot last night with the wife, brisket was amazing.  Wife enjoyed the pulled pork.

Next time go for the Beast.  So far only one person has eaten one.  This maniac

Annotation 2019-02-28 080054.jpg

40 mins ago, Tom T said:

Next time go for the Beast.  So far only one person has eaten one.  This maniac

Annotation 2019-02-28 080054.jpg

I could never pull it off, I do have a couple friends who Id love to see try.

gave the burnt ends a shot last time I went, they were incredible.

Great thread!  My son will be attending school in South Jersey (Rowan) being from CT I would love to know some places down that way.  Hoping to encorporate some fall run fishing with visits

Thanks

C

1 hour ago, Chunks said:

Great thread!  My son will be attending school in South Jersey (Rowan) being from CT I would love to know some places down that way.  Hoping to encorporate some fall run fishing with visits

Thanks

C

I live in the area. my daughter  graduated from rowan in the spring.  jump on rte 55 right near rowan run it to 47 . 47 to the park way into cape may or stay on 47 into wildwood to the boardwalk.. summer time traffic is real slow and heavy Friday evening and all day Saturday after 9.00am.heading there. best bet is early Saturday morning.

1 hour ago, coolhandfluke said:

I live in the area. my daughter  graduated from rowan in the spring.  jump on rte 55 right near rowan run it to 47 . 47 to the park way into cape may or stay on 47 into wildwood to the boardwalk.. summer time traffic is real slow and heavy Friday evening and all day Saturday after 9.00am.heading there. best bet is early Saturday morning.

Congrats to your daughter!  I hope she landed a position. 

Greatly appreciate the details, look forward to it later in the fall!  Was also inquiring about quirky places to eat as well.  Hopefully some good roadside places or diners.

C

2 hours ago, coolhandfluke said:

Mandy's subs right at the intersection of the parkway and Stone Harbor Blvd.  Specials are usually fantastic.  Not far off this route

On 1/29/2019 at 2:56 PM, jerseyhunter said:

Mariner's cove in Brielle. 712 Union Ave. you won't leave hungry, but only open 6-3

The Prairie Dog. I once took my fishing buddy there when I lived in Manasquan. He has eaten a pizza wrapped around a cheese steak before...he didn't finish all his food. 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:28 AM, Chunks said:

Congrats to your daughter!  I hope she landed a position. 

Greatly appreciate the details, look forward to it later in the fall!  Was also inquiring about quirky places to eat as well.  Hopefully some good roadside places or diners.

C

actually she did thankfully after hearing all the crap about how hard it will be.was told it will take several years to land a good gig.  she graduated in the spring, applied 5 miles from home for teachers aid. got that job and novemeber they posted a teacher for pre k and she got it.  53k plus benefits right out of school.:).

teacher salaries are posted on internet so nothing to hide.

The Windmill opposite Seven President's beach that closed down for more luxury condos :mad: opened in Ursula Plaza on Ocean Blvd, North Long Branch with Amy's Omelette House :drool:, Caputo's Pastry Shoppe, Jersey Mike's, and Hoffman's Ice Cream.

Talk about a Mecca of fine Jersey cuisine :clap:

I haven't read through all of the pages, but if you're in the mood for a great breakfast sandwich or Italian hotdog in Middletown, check out Jersey Joe's. It's not as large of a sandwich as slaters, but it's way tastier, and way cheaper. They close down for the winter. They reopen may 1st. I believe they're also closed on Mondays. Check it out, they're awesome.

20 hours ago, Chuck D said:

The Windmill opposite Seven President's beach that closed down for more luxury condos :mad: opened in Ursula Plaza on Ocean Blvd, North Long Branch with Amy's Omelette House :drool:, Caputo's Pastry Shoppe, Jersey Mike's, and Hoffman's Ice Cream.

Talk about a Mecca of fine Jersey cuisine :clap:

The chinese place there is pretty good.  Used to order from there most of the time.  Atillios pizza is very decent.  Ursula has everything you could possibly want.

4 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

The chinese place there is pretty good.  Used to order from there most of the time.  Atillios pizza is very decent.  Ursula has everything you could possibly want.

No Super Golden for you