BillHoo

Best place to eat before and after a fishing trip at the Jersey Shore

Rate this topic

130 posts in this topic

Anyone with some recommendations and what to order?

Whenever I go to the shore, I'm nostalgic for a slice of pizza on the boardwalk, or a hotdog at the Windmill.

There used to be a great seafood place in Asbury Park called Net Lanes.  It was like a diner.  But I think it closed down years ago.

In Wildwood we have some fisherman who order a Mack's Pizza or two when they are near the dock. Dock the boat when the delivery car is in the lot. 

50 mins ago, Gatr522 said:

Bandwagon- Always fast & fresh breakfast-lunch or dinner. Toms River a little bit before the bridge.

Ben driving BY that place as long as it's ben that name, and before that, lol. Last week my helper asked me if I ever ate there, and I said no. He asked why, and I had no answer, other than I generally eat my breakfast when they are still closed.

But the FastBreak down near Coolidge Ave is good.  But they aint open when I eat either. T.R. Diner usta be great, but still closed for reno's. CB Diner is just okay. Further west on 37.

58 mins ago, Ben Lippen said:

Ben driving BY that place as long as it's ben that name, and before that, lol. Last week my helper asked me if I ever ate there, and I said no. He asked why, and I had no answer, other than I generally eat my breakfast when they are still closed.

But the FastBreak down near Coolidge Ave is good.  But they aint open when I eat either. T.R. Diner usta be great, but still closed for reno's. CB Diner is just okay. Further west on 37.

Tried a few of those diners when I was in the area. Some decent fare.

I usually eat breakfast after a night of fishing. 

When I was younger I was a cook so I notice small things. The owners & staff there are of the old school approach to every aspect.

Even the salads I ordered looked & tasted freshly chopped. My wife's flounder was as fresh as any place we ever ordered. Hopefully they are keeping with that quality. I only eat when I'm staying over or for a few days-for regular fare-it's as good or better than any place that I have ever eaten.

I will hafta try that place out, Gatr. They do open earlier than the fastbreak, so there's that, lol.

Gatr, I shoulda mentioned that I generally eat after fishing as well. So I'll admit that most times I like to sit at Betty and Nicks. Waders friendly, and their Dueces Wild meal suits me just fine :p