Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b-ware

Standish Sportsmans Show

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

is this weekend 2-2 and 2-3.  Located in East Bridgewater Ma. off of Burr Ln.  Mostly firearms but some fishing related vendors and other "outdoorsy" stuff.  Free parking and delicious food...…………...

20 mins ago, K Foley said:

Are you going to be there Bernie?

Hi Kevin, I will be visiting with a few buds from the Cape, not sure what day yet...………….  The only show I will have a booth aat will be RISAA in March...…….

OK just wanted to say hello if you were going to be there. Long drive from Ware from for you for sure. We had 5 degrees in Carver this AM and 2 degrees on my way to work in Canton.

12 hours ago, K Foley said:

OK just wanted to say hello if you were going to be there. Long drive from Ware from for you for sure. We had 5 degrees in Carver this AM and 2 degrees on my way to work in Canton.

Left here this AM at minus 9 to get Debby on her way to Florida with the girls, yesterday it was minus 12...……….

13 hours ago, K Foley said:

... We had 5 degrees in Carver this AM and 2 degrees on my way to work in Canton.

Kevin......you'd be happy to know the red MD 20/20 you gifted me in a plain brown paper bag those many years ago still occupies a special spot on my desk.  I still chuckle when I think about it. 

16 mins ago, Joe G said:

Kevin......you'd be happy to know the red MD 20/20 you gifted me in a plain brown paper bag those many years ago still occupies a special spot on my desk.  I still chuckle when I think about it. 

Hi Joe,

It must be perfectly aged by now :)

50 mins ago, K Foley said:

Hi Joe,

It must be perfectly aged by now :)

Yes it is. 

As they say in the trade, mature and fully developed.   ;)

1 hour ago, K Foley said:

Ah, like "Lucy" :)

Ah yes.  Thankfully, I was not allergic to latex.

I guess we were all a bit wild and crazy, maybe even nuts, back then.

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

Ah yes.  Thankfully, I was not allergic to latex.

I guess we were all a bit wild and crazy, maybe even nuts, back then.

So tell us Joe, do you use any special oils or creams to keep Lucy soft and pliable?????????????

Took a ride over to the show a few years back, Bernie had a stand that year.

Not much of interest for myself from a owning gun/shooting aspect, actually more interested in the fine engineering and figuring out the manufacturing processes of some of the many pieces on display.

Gun owners, a gun owners paradise.

saxon the show has always been more for the hunting crowd , with some fishing. Back when it began we often had a booth there , but it was the gun crew that made out , no so on the fishing crew. They do have a nice firing range and pond for fishing . Most of the guys who once ran the club have all long gone onto other places unfortunately. They do support conserving the resources and for the most part in another time were all great hunters and fishermen as well

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 0:38 PM, b-ware said:

So tell us Joe, do you use any special oils or creams to keep Lucy soft and pliable?????????????

Just hot soapy water and a considerable amount of self-restraint and patience.