Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Remember how you always wanted a boat ramp with tender to Boston Harbor?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

TOWN OF WINTHROP PUBLIC BOAT RAMP CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION NOTICE TO BOATERS

Effective Monday January 14, 2019 the launch ramp at the public landing will be closed for a much-needed replacement. The completion date of the project is June 30, 2019; however, it is expected that the project will be completed at an earlier date. While we understand it may cause some inconvenience during construction, upon completion this project will include a new ramp and accompanying pier and floats for ease of use when launching/recovering boats. The boating public will be kept updated as the project moves forward. In the interim, public launch ramps are available in Lynn and Nahant. For any questions please contact the Winthrop Harbormaster at 617-207- 9092, 0r lpowers@town.winthrop.ma.us.

It will suck on a June opening since I trailer all the time. That leaves the ramps in Lynn also without a tenders. In a stiff SW those ramps suck launching alone.

Speaking of that Lynn Ramp by the rotary that was re-done in the mid 2000's I believe. That ramp incline was not steep enough when I tried it 2 years ago with a bunk trailer at 1/2 tide. I have the roller trailer now and will help.

9 hours ago, The Riddler said:

It will suck on a June opening since I trailer all the time. That leaves the ramps in Lynn also without a tenders. In a stiff SW those ramps suck launching alone.

Ramps with no floats are a two-man job.   Glad to learn Winthrop will be user-friendly to solo skippers.