Rockawayjb

Terrible Penn Service

23 posts in this topic

I really want to like my Slammer III 5500. It started making some noises and grinding when reeling so I sent it in for service knowing it was out of warranty and that there would be a fee. No problem there. I received the reel back in about three weeks and there remains a scraping sound when I crank the handle. 

I have called now at least 4 times to address this issue. Each time I'm told I will receive an email with a return label and instructions.  Each time I receive no email.  I'm at my wits end and I guess I'll have to call back again to speak to a supervisor if that's at all possible. What horrible service.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Is it possible that there’s an issue going on with your email? Maybe the emails are going to your spam or the email address is wrong?

I’d find it very odd if they said they would send 4 emails and then never sent a single one.

I’d try having them send an email to a different email address and see if that works.

Edited by JTR

Thanks for the ideas JTR. I have checked my folders, but no email. I know it's quite odd as you say.  I'll have to call them during lunch tomorrow...again...

Posted (edited) · Report post

Send me a PM with all your info and I will have a returned label emailed to you.  Sometimes the labels get routed to the junk folder. 

tony

Edited by PENN Fishing

hey rockaway, sorry you have a problem with your reel. i have had ridiculously good service/help from tony in the past. i am sure it will work out for you. good luck

5 mins ago, mark d said:

hey rockaway, sorry you have a problem with your reel. i have had ridiculously good service/help from tony in the past. i am sure it will work out for you. good luck

This forum and the Main Forum are filled with people sharing the outstanding service provided by PENN - this sounds like an email problem, not a PENN problem.

TimS

Well I am truly impressed. I received a phone call today from Penn about my reel and return issue. Someone must have done some work to find my number. I assume it was from the original order. I did give them another email address. That worked and I have my return label and instructions. I’m glad and thankful for having stripersonline as a resource for all things fishing. 

Thank you Penn for the effort to make this right...Impressive.

13 hours ago, Rockawayjb said:

Well I am truly impressed. I received a phone call today from Penn about my reel and return issue. Someone must have done some work to find my number. I assume it was from the original order. I did give them another email address. That worked and I have my return label and instructions. I’m glad and thankful for having stripersonline as a resource for all things fishing. 

Was the email you first used maybe your main email from Comcast? I have had problems every once in a while with just my main email from them that does not come thru when they are coming from big companies, even my bank. I have lost many email that have just disappeared. Comcast has had a trace on it but still don't know what is going on.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, Rockawayjb said:

I really want to like my Slammer III 5500. It started making some noises and grinding when reeling so I sent it in for service knowing it was out of warranty and that there would be a fee. No problem there. I received the reel back in about three weeks and there remains a scraping sound when I crank the handle. 

I have called now at least 4 times to address this issue. Each time I'm told I will receive an email with a return label and instructions.  Each time I receive no email.  I'm at my wits end and I guess I'll have to call back again to speak to a supervisor if that's at all possible. What horrible service.

why don't you just pay for it yourself, it 's like $10 to ship a reel.

Or check your spam folder , maybe it went there, or they do not have your correct email?

Penn is a great, classic FISHING company, especially important company to Northeast USA fisherman, a s big part of what we thrive on and are raised on from kids involves Penn reels. YOU are not being fair when you bash the company based on an email. Ridiculous.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:45 AM, Bluedogfishing said:

Was the email you first used maybe your main email from Comcast? I have had problems every once in a while with just my main email from them that does not come thru when they are coming from big companies, even my bank. I have lost many email that have just disappeared. Comcast has had a trace on it but still don't know what is going on.

It was a Gmail account.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:38 PM, RegDunlop said:

why don't you just pay for it yourself, it 's like $10 to ship a reel.

Or check your spam folder , maybe it went there, or they do not have your correct email?

Penn is a great, classic FISHING company, especially important company to Northeast USA fisherman, a s big part of what we thrive on and are raised on from kids involves Penn reels. YOU are not being fair when you bash the company based on an email. Ridiculous.

Why should I pay for something I already paid for (shipping and repair)? That would be ridiculous. The bigger issue was getting approval to have the reel shipped and  repaired. Sharing an actual experience on the appropriate forum is not bashing. I had a issue. The company responded. I shared. I think I’ve been fair. The fact that you have used them for a long time or that they are a classic (?) company is irrelevant to my issue. 

On 1/28/2019 at 9:29 PM, Rockawayjb said:

How did you make out? Did you get things taken care of.

On 1/30/2019 at 10:33 PM, Rockawayjb said:

Why should I pay for something I already paid for (shipping and repair)? That would be ridiculous. The bigger issue was getting approval to have the reel shipped and  repaired. Sharing an actual experience on the appropriate forum is not bashing. I had a issue. The company responded. I shared. I think I’ve been fair. The fact that you have used them for a long time or that they are a classic (?) company is irrelevant to my issue. 

Just trying to help.  

This forum is for fisherman, your complaint is trivial, and didn't need a forum to figure out.It didn't require a forum, it wasnt rocket science, it was an email problem, which was your fault, you were hoping to bash Penn publicly and take their business away. .  ifyou put Penn out of business good luck using crap Chinese fleabay reels.