levari

Flea Markets question

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, levari said:

Is anyone familiar with “Feb 24, Ocean fire co in Point Pleasant Beach” ? Is that a popular flea market?

8' vendor table for $30 is a good deal.  Had a table last year and did well selling some excess stuff.  Have a table again this year.  A little tough selling rods if you're in the hall but it can be done.  I believe they had over 300 through the door last year.  Not as many as other shows.  See you there.

18 mins ago, Darth Baiter said:

8' vendor table for $30 is a good deal.  Had a table last year and did well selling some excess stuff.  Have a table again this year.  A little tough selling rods if you're in the hall but it can be done.  I believe they had over 300 through the door last year.  Not as many as other shows.  See you there.

I am keeping the excess, I am selling everything else.. :)

lures, jigs, shads, rods, reels, snaggers, cast nets, 

5 hours ago, Darth Baiter said:

4 hours ago, levari said:

I am keeping the excess, I am selling everything else.. :)

lures, jigs, shads, rods, reels, snaggers, cast nets, 

If I happen to attend how do I or anyone else from SOL know who you guys are?  I'd like to say howdy.

1 hour ago, Dan Tinman said:

If I happen to attend how do I or anyone else from SOL know who you guys are?  I'd like to say howdy.

Orange SOL hat sitting on my table.  Don't do hats indoors.  :) 

If you're a vendor at Berkeley, we'll find you.

19 hours ago, Dan Tinman said:

I assume you're in Jersey somewhere.  For what you want to do some shows are better than others.  I'm going to suggest some dates and sponsors.  Use the list at Scott's for more information on them.  These usually will have table space available.

Feb 24, Ocean fire co in Point Pleasant Beach

March 9, Lacey Twp. Fish Hawks

March 10, Manville Fire co

Also there's usually one in March in Rahway at a Ukranian church on Rahway ave.  Can't seem to find a listing for it.

Good luck.

Dan, wasn’t the Rahway show the Raritan Bay?  new venue this year in Edison in front of Harold’s deli. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 mins ago, bayyaker54 said:

Dan, wasn’t the Rahway show the Raritan Bay?  new venue this year in Edison in front of Harold’s deli. 

The Rahway show is run by Yeti Enterprises.  They also do the show in Lindenhurst Long Island.

The Raritan Bay Anglers show has been changing venues the last 5 or so years.  They were originally in the Catholic school in Iselin.  When the school closed they went to a Church hall in Perth Amboy which was a disaster.  From there they went to the Rutgers U. field house in New Brunswick.  Now they are at this new location in Edison.  I hope this is a good location for them.  

Edited by Dan Tinman

1 hour ago, Darth Baiter said:

Orange SOL hat sitting on my table.  Don't do hats indoors.  :) 

If you're a vendor at Berkeley, we'll find you.

I don't do the Berkeley show anymore.  I've cut my show schedule down to 3 a year plus the Salt Water Expo with the tackle shop from Point Pleasant Beach.  Hi-Mar, Surfday and Asbury are the ones I do.

Can anyone offer some input on the Raritan show regarding what kind of show that is?  Meaning is it more a flea market and is it more salt and or fresh? 

3 hours ago, fishless said:

Can anyone offer some input on the Raritan show regarding what kind of show that is?  Meaning is it more a flea market and is it more salt and or fresh? 

Unless something has changed it's more flea market and salt oriented.

37 mins ago, fishless said:

Thanks Dan.

Best part is, this year it’s in front of Harold’s deli.  You can’t leave that parking lot without getting a sandwich 

14 mins ago, bayyaker54 said:

Best part is, this year it’s in front of Harold’s deli.  You can’t leave that parking lot without getting a sandwich 

Be sure to get a second mortgage before you go in there.:laugh:

Southern Regional flea market, Manahawkin,  is Saturday, Feb 16th (same as surf day).  We typically get 700-900 people through the door.