nfrankrs

The New Oregon Inlet Bridge

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I am heading down to Corolla the second week in August and I was wondering about whether there will be fishing access on the new Oregon Inlet bridge. In my past trips to OBX I would take a day go and fish the catwalk on the old bridge, but will the new bridge have one too? Also will access to the parking lot near the bridge and access to the Jetties still be available? It looks like the new bridge is meeting up with 12 past the lot entrance. I did some research online, but I couldn't find anything regarding the topic . Any info would help, I need to get my southern fishing fix in for the year!

Posted (edited) · Report post

The new bridge will not have a catwalk.  The old bridge will be torn down except for 1,000 feet on the south end, which will be converted into a fishing pier.  There will still be parking available, and access to the beach and jetty should be about the same.  I doubt that the fishing pier part of the old bridge will be ready by August though.

Edited by NH Paul

Heard on the news the other night that the new bridge target date for opening is now 1 MAR.  Ought to be nice once the pier is open too.  OH

Typical for NC DOT! Set up by 9am and break down at 3pm. That's why their shirt pockets are sewn upside down...the shovel handle doesn't require labor to lean on.

I have a 1000ft ditch I have been cleaning for them since they "improved" the road in 1981. Wish I never signed the RoW.