Yo-Zuri Hydro Minnow vs. SP Minnow

Rate this topic

Alexey

1 hour ago, FunkyBunker said:

Hydro minnow is not good when there are bigger waves and stronger currents. It will get rolled. In calmer conditions it works good with a slightly slower retrieve than an SP. It's also better in shallower water. 

How heavy ya talkin? 

Moco rivers run pretty swift on a moon and the hydro held fine for me.  Never had any of em burn out in the surf either.

Are you using stock hardware?  

I did better on the hydros this past season than the SP's

I prefer their shallower running depths in the waters I plug most in NJ

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

25 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

How heavy ya talkin? 

Moco rivers run pretty swift on a moon and the hydro held fine for me.  Never had any of em burn out in the surf either.

Are you using stock hardware?  

I did better on the hydros this past season than the SP's

I prefer their shallower running depths in the waters I plug most in NJ

Yes stock hardware. Much better than stock SP. 

Standard 2-3' waves were fine 4'+ was getting a little funny on me. May have had something to do with the SW and SE winds. They cause the most trouble here. 

I also did better on the hydros during the spring, went with them for the same flat shallow water reasons. Great lures. 

• 1 year later...
32 mins ago, sinfish said:

Perhaps a better question would be "how do you like the Hydro vs the Red fin?"

Personally, I prefer the Hydro minnow over the Redfin. I really love the small

jointed Redfin for early spring fish but I’ve never been crazy about the larger ones. I know many people hold the view that the Redfin is almost magic but I’m not one of them. I like the SP as well but I prefer the Hydro minnow where is fish (primarily Peconic Bay)

1 hour ago, HKJonathan said:

Personally, I prefer the Hydro minnow over the Redfin. I really love the small

jointed Redfin for early spring fish but I’ve never been crazy about the larger ones. I know many people hold the view that the Redfin is almost magic but I’m not one of them. I like the SP as well but I prefer the Hydro minnow where is fish (primarily Peconic Bay)

I love the Redfin jointed and 7"white but if I can find a similar lure that casts, i'm all in.  And yes, I load the red fin (not the jointed ones) at times.