Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
codfish

First fishing show today, first sign of Spring

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

We are going up this afternoon to do a little recon, maybe a little buyin and a lot of visitin………………….

Will report back......

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

We are going up this afternoon to do a little recon, maybe a little buyin and a lot of visitin………………….

Will report back......

I'd skip it, too much crowd and too much repetition of same products for me, but my 12 year old insists

He's been talking about it and texting me questions all week.

One thing he asked was if Cabelas would have a booth. He's got a gift card burning a hole in his pocket. 

22 mins ago, mikez2 said:

I'd skip it, too much crowd and too much repetition of same products for me, but my 12 year old insists

He's been talking about it and texting me questions all week.

One thing he asked was if Cabelas would have a booth. He's got a gift card burning a hole in his pocket. 

We think of it as a day out, being in the tackle business it also gives us a chance to interact with our customers and listen to what they have to say.  There is usually at least 1 or more new products at these shows that we haven't seen.  We find it to be a pleasurable way to spend an afternoon.

25 mins ago, b-ware said:

We think of it as a day out, being in the tackle business it also gives us a chance to interact with our customers and listen to what they have to say.  There is usually at least 1 or more new products at these shows that we haven't seen.  We find it to be a pleasurable way to spend an afternoon.

Oh it's great, don't get me wrong. 

I have a long long history of attending shows with my dad, including pretty much all the Boxborough ones since that's our neighborhood. 

I very well remember as a kid hoarding my snow shovelling money while counting down the days to the show.

I whine today out of crankiness. I'm not a crowd guy.

Also my back hurts. Walking sucks.

And last year I noticed all the tackle booths all offered exact same lure selection, many foolish gimmicks like $20.00 swimming ducklings.

I found it odd until my boy pointed out they were the lures the youtube guys use.

Have I mentioned I find youtube annoying?

Tough to teach a kid the old ways of doing it when you got to compete with a 20 year old 'tube hero pushing duckling lures.

But don't mind my whine. We will be there tomorrow.  Me and my two boys.

Say hi if you see us, we stand out.

2 mins ago, mikez2 said:

I have a long long history of attending shows with my dad, including pretty much all the Boxborough ones since that's our neighborhood. 

I very well remember as a kid hoarding my snow shovelling money while counting down the days to the show.

And last year I noticed all the tackle booths all offered exact same lure selection, many foolish gimmicks like $20.00 swimming ducklings.

I found it odd until my boy pointed out they were the lures the youtube guys use.

Tough to teach a kid the old ways of doing it when you got to compete with a 20 year old 'tube hero pushing duckling lures.

Maybe it's time for a brownie, for you, not the boys...……………...

Take your boys to the Providence Show, that show is always an eye opener and look me up

58 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Mike walking around has its advantages at times and the kids should also have a good time. This show is not the best , but once you see it then it is time to take a break next year and see another show . Like Mass Bass Show or even the one in Providence . They all offer a learning lesson , some are just a little less obvious .

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

Mike walking around has its advantages at times and the kids should also have a good time. This show is not the best , but once you see it then it is time to take a break next year and see another show . Like Mass Bass Show or even the one in Providence . They all offer a learning lesson , some are just a little less obvious .

I feel guilty for the back hurt whine.

I'm not as old as I sound. 

The kids will definitely love it. Even my little one will have fun, though he's no outdoorsman. He likes attention and he loves it when people give him stuff. Pamphlets, brochures, color books, key chains, he's not picky. His brother will be looking for the quickest way to spend money but he's the one that will carry away a bag of treasure. 

14 mins ago, mikez2 said:

The kids will definitely love it. Even my little one will have fun, though he's no outdoorsman. He likes attention and he loves it when people give him stuff. Pamphlets, brochures, color books, key chains, he's not picky. His brother will be looking for the quickest way to spend money but he's the one that will carry away a bag of treasure. 

Mike to this day when ever I attend a show I still come home with a bag of goodies , that I pour over once i get home and have nothing to do . It is surprising what goes in the bag at times , in many cases free . When ever we do a show we always try to have something for the young ones to take home. Things change ,but still remain the same

There's a highly sourced rumor that none other than Joe G will have a booth at these fishing shows.  Sources say in response to the current wave of popularity, he's been secretly working with a fish scent manufacturer to develop a cannabis flavored fish scent.

9 hours ago, b-ware said:

Will report back......

Just returned from Boxboro, It's still a great show full of vendors with class wares.  I do recommend this show, although modest in size it is full of outdoor related items, something for everyone.

4 hours ago, bob_G said:

There's a highly sourced rumor that none other than Joe G will have a booth at these fishing shows.  Sources say in response to the current wave of popularity, he's been secretly working with a fish scent manufacturer to develop a cannabis flavored fish scent.

Passing through Leiscter the other day I could have sworn I saw Joe at the cannabis warehouse, directing a forklift loading barrels of something (cannabis oil?) into the back of a U-Haul truck with Boston lettering.

Was it just a circumstance...………………..

17 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Nice:)

Posted (edited) · Report post

We had a great time.

Very kid friendly. Both my guys caught fish in the trout pond.

The little guy loved the shooting. He's a huge fan of Daniel Boone. He did the gun simulator and archery. He also got infatuated with a $25,000 bass boat.

Big brother got a big bag of soft plastics and some very good tips from soft lure makers.

He's into pouring soft plastics on my porch with my old microwave. He noticed right away these guys in the booths are pouring the same mancrate molds as him.

We all had fun and it was short money.

Can't beat the location for me distance wise.

Parking sucked.

20190126_185108.jpg

20190126_185340.jpg

Edited by mikez2