Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltfisherman

FWC, stops spraying lakes

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

FWC just announced they are stopping spraying of weeds in lakes. Great start to stop an added product in the water shed that can lead to algae. 

Great news! Hope they end it all together, or at least have some kind of control in place to rein in the rampant spraying.

That's going to be a real issue. I hope that they have another weed control; there going to be some unusable lakes. 

I'm not against the idea; they just need an alternative.

Have you guys seen lake/ponds that don't get spray? after a few years you can walk on them... useless for shore or even kayak guys...and if they get so thick not even boats

can get thru them...add to the mix if you do happen to catch a good fish you will need deep sea gear to crank him out....Dont get me wrong, i'm all in favor for keeping our water clean, but just stopping the practice of spraying without a backup plan... sounds more like "We don't have the funds" or Hell with fishermen...

I have seen some nice fishing lakes turn to Crap after they stop controlling the weeds and in the end it chock everything out.... And it doesnt take long down here...

Posted (edited) · Report post

The corps of engineers use sterile Grass carp in parts of lake Seminole. They work great until the population dies off and aren't restocked. They stopped the drip system about 2 years ago there are parts of the lake that look like sheep Meadows.

Edited by mwhitt80