Wetsuits

Rate this topic

kkennedy44

3 hours ago, itwas1 said:

I just started wearing a wetsuit instead of waders. I love it. So much safer in the surf. I am not a skisher and seldom climb out to rocks anymore, I'm 72years old. But how do I keep my feet warm? I have dive booties and neoprene socks for my wader boots but when my feet get wet they get cold.  I Live in Massachusetts and the water is cold in the spring and in the fall, I fish until November when possible.

me great action surf.jpg

I always double up neoprene socks. Minimum 4mm if it's fall. 

In the late fall i wear 2 pair of the neoprene socks a 3mil and a 5 mil to keep feet extra warm, under the booties.  Its a wet suit they are gonna get wet but the extra socks help keep that wetness warmer.

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

10 hours ago, itwas1 said:

Do you wear them under booties??

???

I wear two pairs of neoprene socks and Korkers or similar wading boot. This helps a lot as well. If you do not have wading boots I'd suggest getting a decent pair. Korkers are not my favorite but they were a gift and have seen plenty.of use. 

thanks for the info Newportrockhopper. I ordered another pair of neoprene socks today, I have a nice pair of wading boots. They are only about 3 years old. I got them from Simms. They give me a product discount because I was a guide and involved in many sectors of the recreational fishing world. I have some old boots with detachable Korkers also. I already had socks with guards on them so I ordered plain ones so I can double up

On 1/22/2019 at 8:24 PM, kkennedy44 said:

What would you recommend for a wetsuit for surfcasting Cape Cod. I’ve heard that Henderson makes a quality wetsuit, but would like to get some more opinions. 

Going for the seal look huh?

Get NRS full, good value and construction.