Rate this topic

1,427 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

NJ registry is free and can be used in lieu of a NOAA registry in NJ.

I think the NOAA registry is $15.  Gotta cost something or nobody would buy a RI saltwater license.

If cost is a factor, the RI license is $10

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

So, how would one know if he is on the approved guest list?

And if on the guest list, how does one request a reservation?

I'm asking for a friend. 

Your in bro.

54 mins ago, Kml said:

I’m sure I’ll plan for the 1st money trip in November. Maybe one kid with me but I may be alone. If there is no room at the Inn I will seek lodging at the place we stayed last year. 

Buy an air mattress, and stay at the house, it is cheaper and more entertaining. 

56 mins ago, Kml said:

I’m sure I’ll plan for the 1st money trip in November. Maybe one kid with me but I may be alone. If there is no room at the Inn I will seek lodging at the place we stayed last year. 

You're in. OG RI trip

I read through the reviews and people say the house handles 10 very comfortably and up to 12. Landlord has told me twice that 12 is the max. Those reviewers were families so I imagine there were people sharing beds.

There are 6 mattress beds and a futon sofa. There are cots and air matresses.

If we have a full house that would allow up to 5-6 guests. Guests would be using the futon, cots,  couches and air matresses if all the shareholders are there. 

With the remainder of the OGs from last year -- Mick, Sparky, Kevin, K+1 or 2, that's 10-11 for the Island Current Trip. We could have one more person. That might be my son. We will see. Depends on Kevs kids and my kid

So we'll keep those spots in reserve for now.

Edited by Mike

9 hours ago, Slacker said:

Define "disabled"... for Bellringer.

Disabled. D I s a b l e d

Used in a sentence 

Disabled is what bellringer will be if he keeps talking sideways to the MP.

Disabled

1 hour ago, Kml said:

Disabled. D I s a b l e d

Used in a sentence 

Disabled is what bellringer will be if he keeps talking sideways to the MP.

Disabled

IGBBFH

7 hours ago, Mike said:

I read through the reviews and people say the house handles 10 very comfortably and up to 12. Landlord has told me twice that 12 is the max. Those reviewers were families so I imagine there were people sharing beds.

If we have a full house that would allow up to 5-6 guests. Guests would be using the futon, cots,  couches and air matresses if all the shareholders are there. 

With the remainder of the OGs from last year -- Mick, Sparky, Kevin, K+1 or 2, that's 10-11 for the Island Current Trip. We could have one more person. That might be my son. We will see. Depends on Kevs kids and my kid

If need be, couldnt squeeze 1 or 2  more ? on the living room floor with their own air mattress??

Max is 12. She lives around the corner and is adamant about that. Said the CO limits the # of people.

If all shareholders and OGs come plus my kid, that's 12. So extras are going to depend on whether the kids come or not.

Edited by Mike

BTW,  I got a call from the Capt Chris of the IC fleet. They will consider running another 50-50 on Monday October 21st. They are going to think about it and let me know.

I won't be coming up for Monday's trip. I'm going to do Thursday to Saturday or Wednesday to Saturday. I'm not fond of taking off then having to go to work the day after I get home.

13 hours ago, Mike said:

@Snaps I'm bringing a 30 inch poly filet board. At least until I find a dock to filet at. 

I wonder if we need a RI license to fish from shore. Time to goggle..

Yes! You'll need a non-resident license unless you already have one from NY or CT.

13 hours ago, Slacker said:

While you are Googling, see if they are reciprocal with Massachusetts.  I already shelled out for a Mass license.

yes, if you have the MA license you're good to go.

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Your math forgot McGee.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

BTW,  I got a call from the Capt Chris of the IC fleet. They will consider running another 50-50 on Monday October 21st. They are going to think about it and let me know.

We don’t want one on the 21st.  We need some batting practice first.

Anyone interested in doing a tog charter? If so I'll look into it. It could be a six pack deal or we could charter the Captain Frances that fishes about 30 anglers.