Rate this topic

418 posts in this topic

Bacon costs next to nothing, but makes it possible to up price a burger by a dollar.  Putting bacon on everything was an idea that created a windfall for restaurants.

20 hours ago, Sheisty said:

April 2009 $87.37 for one weekend night tax included.

Incidentals:
$ 8.00 - GWB
$ 1.75 - NY Thruway
$15.00 - Wendys

She didn't want to go out, she only wanted me to go in...

4 hours ago, Tom T said:

Baconator.

Indeed.

1 hour ago, Sheisty said:

Baconator wasn't a thing then....

Ahem

SmartSelect_20190314-202029_Chrome.jpg

I only remembered because when I would drive the kids to the ass end of NJ and further for sports, my son's buddy would only eat Wendys, and then only a Baconator. This was about the same time frame as your illicit trips to Warwick.

5 hours ago, Tom T said:

I only remembered because when I would drive the kids to the ass end of NJ and further for sports, my son's buddy would only eat Wendys, and then only a Baconator. This was about the same time frame as your illicit trips to Warwick.

You should have introduced him to Cacia de Pepe.  And Tupperware.  

PeterO better not find out that you frequented paper wrapped burger chains throughout the ‘90s.

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

You should have introduced him to Cacia de Pepe.  And Tupperware.  

PeterO better not find out that you frequented paper wrapped burger chains throughout the ‘90s.

Actually, I enjoyed the $0.15 burgers under the Golden Arches (when there actually were Golden Arches and it was a walk up window only) as a youth and remember fondly the introduction in 1968 of the Big Mac (several of my classmates were employed as purveyors) for $0.49 (inflation adjusted $3.56 in 2019 dollars, they’ve upped the price but they are available bogo.

Unfortunately, it planted the seed for what blossomed into today’s overstuffed over the top disgusting piles of whatever between 2 pieces of bun.