Rate this topic

Mike

2019 RI Tog House Kill Board - Final

First, a few clarifications/reminders about the kill board. 

1) This is not a tally of all keepers caught.  We all did catch limits plus... triple limits plus, even... on a regular - but not every day - basis.  This is a tally of the fish that went into our coolers... no one got credit for more than 5 fish for any single trip.

2) We did not all fish the same number of trips... some fished 2... some fished 10.

3) At times, we listened to our better angels... big fish got released... one day was "throwback Thursday" where EVERYTHING was released. 

BUT, sometimes compassion got in the way. Not to put too fine a point on it, but RI tog fishermen as a group kind of suck... that's probably why the fishing is so good.  On several occasions we were asked to help feed the helpless... and we did. 

RI boats view the "limit" more as a "boat limit" than as an individual limit... at least while on the water.  One guy can chuck 50 fish in the cooler as long as the other 9 guys get the skunk... if everybody walks off with 5 fish, that meets the 5 fish possession limit.

4) The decision (and math) of the judge is final.  There is no appeal process.

So, the numbers....

Slacker - 39

Y - 32

BlackPantherDenny - 27

Snaps - 26

Slayer - 18

Kamel Clan - 13

BellRinger - 11 (being generous... pretty sure I filled his limit on the No Limit)

MagPresence - 10 (still)

Spark - 7 (he fished the two suckiest days of the month)

McGee - 3 (keep fishing that Ugly Stick)

7259A87C-7160-4C6B-A0E4-90DBD3705BCD.jpeg.ad2ccbc1d9c7b6c6d5a6f79900c9fd32.jpeg

Edited by Slacker

On the way home we stopped at Frank Pepe's for dinner. A medium clam pie was destroyed. A medium spinach, mushroom, gorgonzola and shrimp pie took minor damage and is in the fridge. The latter was even better than the clam pie but we lacked the capacity to consume it.

It's not quite as much, but I drove a Slackeresqe 1800 miles to and from Tog House 2019.

It was great to get to know RI.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

9 hours ago, Slacker said:

I went to bed last night at 7:30 PM.  Woke up at 10:45 PM and had no clue where I was... sat on the bed for a minute to figure out whether I was home or in that loft.

Took you a minute to realize you didn't hear the creaking of the stairs as Y tried to sneak up on you?? :huh: 

Glad you guys slayed, and was happy to make it up there even if it was just for a night. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

• Mike locked this topic
  • Mike unlocked and locked this topic