Rate this topic

440 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's time to start planning for 5c2ea46de6afb_RItoghouse.jpg.8af8228b17761898e3e696e2b36e51bf.jpg.0b94e829360563ac6ed1c8b895611823.jpg

This thread will start with the sign up. I'm looking at houses in the Scarborough Beach and Galilee areas. That's 5 minutes from the Francis and Seven Bs, 15 minutes to the Island Current and Mattituck Oyster Bar. Not looking at houses more than 20 minutes to the boats. Less then 10 minutes is optimal. An option is the house I rented in November. 3 bedrooms 4 beds (1 upper bunk) tiny livingroom and kitchen. Small but servicable as a crash pad. That house is 5 min to 7Bs.

Dates: October 18 - November 18, 2019. That gives us 5 weekends for a one month rental. One money fishing day on the Island Current. They were talking about one in October, so maybe 2 days.

Members: Four minimum, six maximum. Additional guys wanting to come will be on an as available basis after the membership have claimed space. We will run this as a share house with a default of Friday-Saturday nights as one reservation. Number of beds x 5 weekends. Then divide by members to give member weekend [Fri+Sat] beds. We are not splitting guys to take just a Friday or Saturday except by request. Weekdays should not be a big issue. We will divide those days across the membership but aren't going to go crazy about them right now. Maybe we include Thursday nights in the weekend beds. We can decide all details amongst the members but this post lays out the framework. Members have dibs on Sunday and Monday nights for Island Current pool trips. Non-members who went last year have 2nd dibs.

Cost. Yeah. Not nailed down yet and it will be split amongst the house members. I'm looking at houses from $1500 up to $3500 for the month. Preferably $2400 as the sweet spot for 4, $3600 if we have 6. Extra guys can pay day rates as determined by the members. Funds from day rates will belong to the members equally. Members can give spots to their family and can sell their beds to other members if they are not using them before the beds are open to others. This means that members have first dibs on open beds to bring friends or family. Member rates for the month could be as high as $800 or as low as $400. If I can find the right house but it's $4000 house for 6, and we have 6, then again almost $800 per member. The decision will not be made in a vacuum. Members will be asked to agree to the house we choose. A security deposit required by the landlord will be in addition to the rental. If you eff up the house you will be expected to pay for your mistake rather than burden your fellow members.

House: Minimum 3 bedrooms, 3 real beds 1.5 baths. Might be a sofa bed, upper bunk or couch as a 4th 5th or 6th bed. If so we will rotate that spot(s). Room for blow up mattresses is a plus.

Let's get this rolling. WHO IS IN?

Members:

1. Y

2. @Slacker

3. Snaps 

4. Slayer

5. Mickrazz (Saving you here for now)

6?

Potential interlopers/Epigones:

Sparky

Tom T

Kml

Edited by Mike
Re-read this occasionally as I will update the rulz here!

1 min ago, Mike said:

T-shirt? I vote for a naked girl with blackish tattooed on her boobs

Both boobs would be garish.  But say on the side of one boob that she is holding up for a side photo... yeah... tasteful and nude... nice.  

I can't commit to anything at this time :waah:

But I would be very interested in day rates. Come hell or high water I will see you fellows up there. 

9 mins ago, Slacker said:

Both boobs would be garish.  But say on the side of one boob that she is holding up for a side photo... yeah... tasteful and nude... nice.  

Side boob!