bluebass

kastking braided line

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

getting ready for  spring fishing. . going to get new lines  for slamer3 4500 and daiwa  BG500

kastking or any other  unbrand braided line . i dont want to spend to much. 2 reels need 750 yards line. 

thank you

Edited by BrianBM

Kastking is reliable enough. It is slightly thicker than other similarly rated braids, but if you’re on a tight budget it’s a safe bet.

47 mins ago, C.Robin said:

Kastking is reliable enough. It is slightly thicker than other similarly rated braids, but if you’re on a tight budget it’s a safe bet.

Yup, I agree with you 100%. Kast King served me well last year and I expect I'll get another season out of the stuff I spooled onto my reels last year.

Edited by valentine

Personally, I didn't care for it.  I put it on a conventional reel and wasn't thrilled with it.  It's a rough braid, not smooth.  I took it off after a couple of trips.  Just my opinion, I know guys that like it.  Personal preference.

Never skimp on hooks, swivels, clips, and line, the terminal tackle stuff. 

It's inexpensive enough and, especially with braid, lasts long enough that there's no reason to buy an inferior product just to save a few pennies over time. 

That's a general saying that I've heard forever but it is worth paying attention to.

That being said, I've never used KastKing so don't have an opinion on it but you get what you pay for is a pretty good standard when it comes to terminal tackle

Edited by Sudsy

We use it trolling in 100 lb for tuna.  Not failed us in about 4 seasons.  So it works

I personally would not use it on a surf set up becuase it does not cast do well.  It is thick and not supple 

If you look at online auction sites you can get good deals on pp or sufix especially if you do care what color line.  I use a leader on everything so main line color does not matter to me.

2 mins ago, Captain Ahab said:

We use it trolling in 100 lb for tuna.  Not failed us in about 4 seasons.  So it works

I personally would not use it on a surf set up becuase it does not cast do well.  It is thick and not supple 

If you look at online auction sites you can get good deals on pp or sufix especially if you do care what color line.  I use a leader on everything so main line color does not matter to me.

I've only used 30lb Kast King but found that it was quite supple. I actually thought that new  Kast King braid  was more like heavily fished very broken in Power Pro. That's my opinion, anyway. As others have said I did find that Kast King was noticably thicker than the premium braids I've used. It's good stuff, particularly for the price.

It does a good job for avarage Joe, like me.

But, if you are after trophy fish than you may want to reconsider it.

I haven't used KK, but have tried many other inexpensive braids just to see, use and compare. Never had a problem with any less costly braid, I use strictly 50# and 60# braid on conventional reels. The only thing is the color fades quickly.:howdy:

Edited by jimmy z

Some saying KK is thicker,it could be compared to some braid on the market

Power Pro 20lb   - 0.23mm

KastKing SuperPower 20 LB - 0.18mm

Power Pro 30lb  - 0.28mm

KastKing SuperPower 30 LB  - 0.25mm

5 hours ago, ozifish said:

Some saying KK is thicker,it could be compared to some braid on the market

Power Pro 20lb   - 0.23mm

KastKing SuperPower 20 LB - 0.18mm

Power Pro 30lb  - 0.28mm

KastKing SuperPower 30 LB  - 0.25mm

You're assuming their info is accurate and I would bet money it isn't.