Kevinc89

Demo

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, lisurf2 said:

They are dredging Fire Island Inlet and depositing the sand on Gilgo.

Where are they taking the sand from are they taking it from the bar? Gonna change it for the worse imo

1 hour ago, Kevinc89 said:

Where are they taking the sand from are they taking it from the bar? Gonna change it for the worse imo

it was one of the few places that held fish this year, they need to be sure to mess that up for the coming year

As far as I can tell they are dredging sand to make the boat channel deeper, I recall that the red and and green channel markers were on the Sore Thumb side of the inlet, not the Demo side. If you want the absolute answer you may need to contact the Army Corp of Engineers who are in charge of the project.

3 mins ago, lisurf2 said:

As far as I can tell they are dredging sand to make the boat channel deeper, I recall that the red and and green channel markers were on the Sore Thumb side of the inlet, not the Demo side. If you want the absolute answer you may need to contact the Army Corp of Engineers who are in charge of the project.

at the end of the season the channel markers to exit the Inlet were about 15ft apart and the water was 2ft deep at times

7 hours ago, lisurf2 said:

. Army Corp of Engineers who are in charge of the project.

There you go.

Another ruined project.

Any time you want to destroy something, call Army Corp of Engineers.

They will make sure it is ruined for next few generation.

20 hours ago, Sandflee said:

at the end of the season the channel markers to exit the Inlet were about 15ft apart and the water was 2ft deep at times

I ended up pulling my boat early because there was just no way I felt comfortable running an inboard through there at low tide with any kind of a swell running.  There was actually some deeper water on the "wrong" side of the 5, which was easier to spot from something with a flybridge or a party boat with an elevated station, but I just didn't feel the urge to jig a few bass that badly.  Once hunting season starts, there are alternatives.

2 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

some of the inlet hotspots look ****ed up when I walked the demo loop last week.

That's what I was afraid of 

YOU GUYS CRACK ME UP. The inlet changes every day , every tide,  every storm. Whats being done now can change in a blink of an eye with potential storms and tide surge. Been fishing that area for over 25 years. It changes every year, every week and every day. 

How long ago was the lighthouse actually at the inlet ?  They take sand , move it around .. mother nature with do as she pleases .. give it a time the shoals will be back 

On 2/1/2019 at 5:33 PM, Wire For Fire said:

How long ago was the lighthouse actually at the inlet ?  They take sand , move it around .. mother nature with do as she pleases .. give it a time the shoals will be back 

Fire_Isl-inlet_Map.jpg.52b81430411309cd07d4c823e0d857b6.jpg