bob_G

What coffee are you guys drinking these days?

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

Coffee and fishermen seem to go hand in hand. Usually every great adventure begins with a cup of coffee. What's your fav?

I still get take out from DD when I'm on the road. But for the last 10 years this has been our at home grind. Very consistent and robust.

20190121_155714.jpg

I also drink Pete's.  I buy the ground Big Bang.  It is a medium roast.  Never cared for dark roast, much too strong for my taste.

I use a Melitta coffee filter.

Question.  How many rounded tablespoons of ground coffee do you use per 8 oz. cup?

Pete's directions call for 2 tablespoons  (10g) for each 6 oz of water.  I find that a tad too strong.

Ya gotta love the descriptions Pete gives their different blends.

Big Bang is described as a....."vibrant blast of tropical fruit in a smooth, medium style".    :D

22 mins ago, Joe G said:

I also drink Pete's.  I buy the ground Big Bang.  It is a medium roast.  Never cared for dark roast, much too strong for my taste.

Question.  How many rounded tablespoons of ground coffee do you use per 8 oz. cup?

Pete's directions call for 2 tablespoons  (10g) for each 6 oz of water.  I find that a tad too strong.

I use 2 tablespoons per cup. But I'm using a 12oz stovetop espresso maker. Produces a real powerful cup.

My mom used a Melitta for years, and she loved it.  Have you ever tried a french press Joe?

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

Joe, I always figured you to be a K-Cup drinker...…….After all a man of your stature, finess, and sophistication deservers the best that Ocean State has to offer...……...

2 mins ago, b-ware said:

Joe, I always figured you to be a K-Cup drinker...…….After all a man of your stature, finess, and sophistication deservers the best that Ocean State has to offer...……...

:laugh:

Posted (edited) · Report post

I concur that Pete's taste like dirt, but maybe it is just me.  All Dark roast taste burnt to me and Pete's tastes like burnt dirt. 

I like a local Baltimore Coffee Company offering  a coffee called Honduran Bourbon Santos. Not too acid with a rich complex somewhat nutty flavor.

As far as commercial stuff the Duncan Donuts regular roast is not too bad. The Dark roast tastes like burned beans..

Edited by Jay Blair