oldgoat

Bored winta complaint

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

OK I'm bored so I take a long cast rod down to Goose pond with a Skipper plug made by Gibbs Co. up near the canal.

After 4-6casts I get on my phone and call Gibbs company and ask to talk to the design engineer.

A guy named John answers the phone (I know him) and I tell him no matter how I cast I can't get the plug to break through the Ice on the pond.

He guessed who it was and hung up

Oh the good ol days.

still bored.

Was over in Brewster this afternoon at that Big pond and it's wide open due to the wind.A few bergs,steam/fog, and snow squalls were there and one other guy leaving when I pulled up.

THis is like calling the bait shop and asking for white eels, and you are told that they are not in yet and asking when they will be? 

At one time when I was keeping black eels it home I noticed that many changed color to the color of the container they were in . It was white I soon changed it to dark blue , all nice and dark. So when ever I saw some one new working at the various shops we would call looking for white eels . It was even more comical standing at the counter in a straight face and asking for 12 black and 12 white ones . Watch the keeper of the shop go into the tank looking for whites ones after he netted out the 12 black ones and saying, I guess they did not come in yet ? I even had one even call the supplier to see when they would making a delivery of white eels . I can still hear the person he was talking to on the phone screaming at him telling him are you kidding me . Since we had done this before I get on the phone tell its me and he tells me to put the clerk back on the phone . The clerk gets of the phone and tells me that he will be making a delivery at the end of the week and that he would have to charge the shop for these special white eels and that it would me another .50 cents, each I give him my phone number and tell as soon as they come in give me a call and I will be over to pick them up. It was a good little prank while it lasted for sure.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, oldgoat said:

OK I'm bored so I take a long cast rod down to Goose pond with a Skipper plug made by Gibbs Co. up near the canal.

After 4-6casts I get on my phone and call Gibbs company and ask to talk to the design engineer.

A guy named John answers the phone (I know him) and I tell him no matter how I cast I can't get the plug to break through the Ice on the pond.

He guessed who it was and hung up

Oh the good ol days.

still bored.

Well its obvious your plug is defective. If your bored stop by the PO and send them this way! :hooked:

Your bored???? 

I'm bored... After getting up at the crack of dawn for 35 years and going to work I'm stuck here with a neck collar on and cannot drive or lift over 5 pounds. 

Going stir crazy? Yes

I did loose like 12 pounds 

I did lube up all my reels

That's about it. :banghd:

I was walking up and down the hall with a cup of coffee at 4am this morning. No lie

At least in a few years when I retire I can do stuff

13 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Well its obvious your plug is defective. If your bored stop by the PO and send them this way! :hooked:

Your bored???? 

I'm bored... After getting up at the crack of dawn for 35 years and going to work I'm stuck here with a neck collar on and cannot drive or lift over 5 pounds. 

Going stir crazy? Yes

I did loose like 12 pounds 

I did lube up all my reels

That's about it. :banghd:

I was walking up and down the hall with a cup of coffee at 4am this morning. No lie

At least in a few years when I retire I can do stuff

sorry about your neck R.R.