Striper Day Haul

Rate this topic

KSantangelo

2 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Couple nice grabs, girlfriend was dying for the BF shark, so we got it. BF squid, couple tattoo darters, and a good deal on a new gibbs needle and gold over white darter I haven't been able to track down. These were my first "designer" plugs, so I'm stoked. I think I found a new addiction...

Goodie bags were nice, TA clips and Spro clips were a nice touch. What I'm gonna do with a 3 oz hogy shad...who knows haha.

20190120_145731.jpg

20190120_145833.jpg

20190120_145922.jpg

20190120_150013.jpg

20190120_150042.jpg

20190120_150124.jpg

Nice:)

Got a 2 oz Guppy pencil, a gorgeous gunmetal blue needlefish from Atlantic Plug & Lure Co, a 2.7 oz blurple swimmer from Striper Maine-iac, and an older 2.7 oz darter from CCW. Some 5” mag darters, signed John Skinner book and S&S bucktails. And a cool little 1oz hogy paddletail in the bag ...D8A74C28-5A17-4DF2-8E76-EB847810C09B.jpeg.4cc0d6009254f8bd5594927e4d8d8463.jpeg

15 hours ago, tpoliti said:

Hahaha, I'm in the first pic.  I decided not to buy any plugs that I wasn't going to fish. I still  have a bunch from prior years that haven't been used.  I picked up some Madd Mantis plugs to take on vacation. 

That's a big decision.  I went that way as well.   And I liked to explore, and know the difference in feel and performance of each builder's style of plugs.  You can spend a fortune just stocking fishable styles, sizes and colors.  Bad enough.

If, however, you start buying art to collect...then the sky's the limit.  Money, space, time...infinite.  And some guys like that, and that's fine.  I capped it at "fishable only," and still I have more than I need and/or can reasonably use in a lifetime.  Especially with the fishery's decline.  

I think it's like crack.  Be careful of crossing that line.  Next thing you know you're shivering in the dark with a bunch a plug junkies outside some community college jonesing for a shiny piece of wood with a 2 quantity limit.  By then you're hooked (pun fully intended) with almost no hope of recovery.  It all starts when you let yourself buy that first one you know won't ever get wet.  Seen it a million times.   :)

7 hours ago, BassPD said:

Some of my scores.

also bought a bunch of plugs, White water outfitters had a bunch of good plugs for $5 bucks each.

30FC0DDF-1F70-4F72-B9D1-EE135C6EF15B.jpeg.a88202db382b80e8ebecaf387ba8bf5c.jpeg

So I've been waiting to ask someone: how early did you have to get there to get the grs plugs? I'm planning on attending surf day and I'm wondering is it a couple hours early or like the night before :laugh:  I only want regular colors nothing special 

It was a great way to spend time on a cold rainy day.

I’ve heard Bill Wetzel talk about fishing Montauk’s points and coves before.  This time, thanks to his enthusiasm and the photos, something just gelled.

John Skinner’s  point with the underwater videos struck me.   When we think the sea is barren the videos prove there ARE fish down there.  There is just a plenty of real food around that looks better than our plastic wobbly thing.
He took a show of hands from out of state visitors.  25% of the audience, by my estimation.  Descent showing!
When I got home I had to wright down some notes from the talk, lest I forget.

This high school has more indoor space than Hofstra and wasn’t hard to find.

Cudo’s to ********** for providing a fine show.

Here’s my loot.  Can’t believe I left with $9 in my pocket.

Striper Day IV a.JPG

Striperr Day IV b.JPG

Striperday IV c.JPG

Striper Day IV d.JPG

Edited by Talltale