Ethics violations.........

Rate this topic

eddy

All postal employees, including carriers, must comply with the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Exec­utive Branch. Under these federal regulations, carriers are permitted to accept a gift worth $20 or less from a customer per occasion, such as Christmas. However, cash and cash equivalents, such as checks or gift cards that can be exchanged for cash, must never be accepted in any amount. Furthermore, no employee may accept more than $50 worth of gifts from any one customer in any one calendar year period.

https://www.oge.gov/Web/oge.nsf/0/076ABBBFC3B026A785257F14006929A2/$FILE/SOC as of 81 FR 81641 FINAL.pdf

I haven't gotten to go through all 97 pages, but.............

Question for discussion............. when you hear of people giving things to furloughed workers to "help them out," how many of them are ethics violations?

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

The graft in the Post office is off the ****ing charts.

It is illegal for a mailman (or woman, or fronthole, or The Dudes super rich Brother) to accept cash as a gift.  They may get a present that does not exceed 20 dollars.

Edited by Little

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

Some good will come from this for the federal NPCs

Most conservatives and realmen on this site probably went through the same thing as a kid.  Fresh out of college (or even in college).  Two weeks till you get a paycheck.  You pay the house note, the car, and you have enough left to eat beans.  And BAM.  Car breaks down, tooth falls out, something.  And you got nuthing.

What happens to most people, to normal men?  They "learn".

1) Dont just have one job.  NEVER count 100 percent on someone else's money.  For one reason or another, you will be let down.  Despite what some berniebois unionist may tell you, nobody owes you a job.  Ever.

2) Put some money away.  Leftists are not good at this because it goes against core principles of not having more than their fair share.  Berniebois give their extra money away to those "according to their needs"  So they tend to end up like this.

I guess I could say just dont be a liberal, and this wont happen to you.  And if you are a leftist, please dont piss and moan cause you followed the doctrine.

Just a personal thought, some of these gummit weenies might actually learn something.  Maybe?

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

15 mins ago, eddy said:

Question for discussion............. when you hear of people giving things to furloughed workers to "help them out," how many of them are ethics violations?

Common sense needed here, surely extraordinary times require less adherence to prosecuting ethics violations, and more on moral obligations.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often and regularly,  invariably for the same reason.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

1 hour ago, Little said:

It is illegal for a mailman (or woman, or fronthole, or The Dudes super rich Brother) to accept cash as a gift.  They may get a present that does not exceed 20 dollars.

I know that

here's the one that made me :huh:

Rock singer Jon Bon Jovi's restaurant announced Saturday it will be serving free meals Monday afternoon to federal employees who have been furloughed during the partial government shutdown and their families. 

“In line with our mission, Federal workers are encouraged to join us for a delicious meal and to learn about additional support and resources available in our community,” JBJ Soul Kitchen on its Facebook page.

JBJ Soul Kitchen is teaming up with the Murphy Foundation, Gov. Phil Murphy (D-N.J.) and his wife’s philanthropic organization, to serve the meals at one of their New Jersey locations.

“Since founding the Soul Kitchen, we wanted to ensure that anyone struggling with food insecurity had a place to go,” Bon Jovi and his wife said in a statement to NBC New York. “This Monday, we will be open for lunch as a way to create a place of support and resources for furloughed federal workers, many of whom are our friends and neighbors.”

“We are thrilled to work together with Phil and Tammy Murphy on this endeavor, and this Monday we look forward to giving back in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.”

If the law states "gifts" over a certain amount are illegal, what makes this acceptable?

i know what the response will be..........

'wellllllllllllllllllll ya know..............they aren't elected officials so they realllllllllly have no say in things.'

bull ****ing ****

the town code enforcement guy isn't elected and look at the power he has over you when he tells you if you're "allowed" to have things on your property.

Edited by eddy

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

WE NEED TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS!!!!!!!

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

1 hour ago, Little said:

Garbage men make a lot of extra dough at holiday time also.

2 hours ago, Little said:

You’re talking **** about my family in a thread I’m not even in?

Fine - you want to talk family? How does you wife cope with being married to a gay man? It’s got to be hard on her and your kids.

None, since technically all those government employees have been laid off with the promise they will be rehired when the company they work for can afford  pay them again. 

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

You’re talking **** about my family in a thread I’m not even in?

Fine - you want to talk family? How does you wife cope with being married to a gay man? It’s got to be hard on her and your kids.

Don't get sucked into the vortex Dude. Your better than his level of stupid.

All postal employees, including carriers, must comply with the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Exec­utive Branch. Under these federal regulations, carriers are permitted to accept a gift worth $20 or less from a customer per occasion, such as Christmas. However, cash and cash equivalents, such as checks or gift cards that can be exchanged for cash, must never be accepted in any amount. Furthermore, no employee may accept more than $50 worth of gifts from any one customer in any one calendar year period.

What?  Really?  I tip my mailman $100 every Christmas, and he deserves every last penny of it.  We get a lot of mail, and a lot of packages.  He takes care of us all year long.  Knowing that we're constantly in and out, if he has something that needs a signature, and we're not home in the morning, he'll come back at the end of the day instead of just waiting till tomorrow.

Am I really to believe that my mailman isn't supposed to accept that gift?  Really???

2 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

All postal employees, including carriers, must comply with the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Exec­utive Branch. Under these federal regulations, carriers are permitted to accept a gift worth $20 or less from a customer per occasion, such as Christmas. However, cash and cash equivalents, such as checks or gift cards that can be exchanged for cash, must never be accepted in any amount. Furthermore, no employee may accept more than $50 worth of gifts from any one customer in any one calendar year period.

What?  Really?  I tip my mailman $100 every Christmas, and he deserves every last penny of it.  We get a lot of mail, and a lot of packages.  He takes care of us all year long.  Knowing that we're constantly in and out, if he has something that needs a signature, and we're not home in the morning, he'll come back at the end of the day instead of just waiting till tomorrow.

Am I really to believe that my mailman isn't supposed to accept that gift?  Really???

No he's not.  I applaud the kindness, but it's a government service ethics issue.  

15 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

I'm sure he appreciates that generous gift. A hard working letter carrier can push 3g's or better during the holidays. A well deserved bonus. 

We had a carrier lose both his legs here in my town after getting slammed at the back of his truck while retrieving mail. His station started a go fund me collection and was told to return the money as they are not allowed to accept donations. 

An insult to humanity. 

**** the U.N.