ScottO

Let's talk type 2 diabetes and management.

Rate this topic

1,322 posts in this topic

Who has the dreaded sugar issue.  What are you using to monitor you glucose levels and what diet has your provider put you on?  I am using the new libra freestyle, and I have to say, I love it.  No more finger sticks.  Up to the moment glucose monitoring.  Really a worthy investment for about 140 bucks a month.  Scott

I just poke my finger once a day, sometimes every other day. 

I basically eat regular food just way less of it, a lot less bread :th:

No concentrated sweets including fruit and fruit juice, reduce carbs and foremost control total intake to around 700 kcal/meal, regular exercise will also help considerably

no insulin use?  I have been on insulin for about 8 years.  Extremely well controlled.  Last A1c was 5.4.  How are you guys doing? This libre has eliminated finger sticks for me thankfully.  Pain in the finger tip!

So controlling my type 2 for me is like a smoker trying to quit smoking. Eating right is my problem, I go for awhile eating the right things then fall right off the wagon. I get in good exercise each day but use that as a crutch when eating the wrong things. Getting and staying on a good diabetic diet is my number one priority this year.

8 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

all I take is pills, dont remember my last a1c,  but i go back next week...

blood sugar averages 120-130

I’m a scared to check my numbers

1 min ago, JMB said:

I’m a scared to check my numbers

lol, if it will Help make you feel any better.

I just put my cigarrette butt out in my freshly Drank Pepsi can 

1 min ago, redfishkiller said:

Great Red, you'll be the next to stroke out.

2 hours ago, ScottO said:

Who has the dreaded sugar issue.  What are you using to monitor you glucose levels and what diet has your provider put you on?  I am using the new libra freestyle, and I have to say, I love it.  No more finger sticks.  Up to the moment glucose monitoring.  Really a worthy investment for about 140 bucks a month.  Scott

I'm a type 1, not 2, been on an insulin infusion pump for over 35 years. Test my BS 3 to 5 times a day. Doctor has been talking to me about that to help monitor my BS but being 69 and set in my ways I'm hesitant to switch. How does this Libra Freestyle work?

15 years on with T2D and it's a royal pain in the butt. Stated with pills and tablets, then on to one needle now on two injectable 4 times a day.

Endocrine cutie doctor is still working on why my numbers go up over night when fasting. Some days I have good number, other way whacked.

Strangely, my numbers are always text book spot on when we are in Hatteras, this has happened four years in a row. I mentioned it to my primary as well as the cutie sugar doctor and they both think I need a prescription to go to Hatteras more often. i work out every day, try to stay under 20 grams or carbs per meal and fast on a regular basis but am still more chubby than I've ever been.

I too am now using the Free Style doo-hickey but found the scan reading is rarely the same as the finger prick with it being higher mostly.

good thin last blood test, eye test, kindy test, etc. show no deterioration despite the less than perfect A1C. We'll get it sorted with some more work hopefully.

5 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

That's the spirit!!

disclaimer: 

I rarely drink Pepsi,  I literally had just put my 1st cig today out in my first pepsi,  when I read jmb's post :p