FunkyBunker

T's & P's for a brave little guy

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

There's a little dude named Kanen who really needs some good things to happen. Only 11 years old. Started at 5 years old when they found out he had Ewings Sarcoma. Beat it for a little over 4 years until a few months back when he started having lower back pains and they found a new mass at the bottom of his spine. Fall came and so did his 2nd round of treatments for one of the worst things that could happen to a kid. Just a couple days ago they found a new mass on another part of his spine where the disease spread. I've never seen the kid have anything but a smile on his face. This is a kid who 2 years ago lost a friend he met in Childrens Hospital of Philly who was a few years older but going for the same thing. I saw a picture of him yesterday in the hospital and his face just showed anger, fear and sadness with his dad holding both of his hands telling him to be brave. They have him going in for emergency surgery today to try and remove the lump. This is not what a kid should be going through. 

CHOP is a good place to go to put one's problems in perspective.

Best wishes for Kanan. Cancer in children sucks. :(

What can you say to that, other than it’s not fair. I wish he young man all the best and pray he lives to tell his kids he loves them.

aHang in there Kanen, and God Bless you. Prayers sent.

It's things like this that made me lose my faith. I hope the best for the little dude and his family. It's not fair and no child should ever have to endure what he has.