cashews121

Ward Melville HS

Rate this topic

187 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, BassPD said:

Make one Matt, show us your GRS

I didn’t go man. Too far of a drive to save some cash on a few plugs. But I heard Gary brought a lot of goodies for those who went.

Show was good, less vendors than last year. Parking was cake. Line wasn't too bad at 8:00, however people were there as eary as 5am....surprise.  Got pretty bummed about waiting on line for an Arsenal Banana we wanted for the collection, only to be told they were sold out after waiting for a half hour, watching people walk away with 2 or 3-in-hand  at a time. The Bigwater line was astronomical. Superstrike ET's were non existant. My girl and I walked out with some really nice BigFischer and Tattoo plugs, caught some good deals on SS darters and Gibbs pencils. Goodie bags were good. Tried not to blow every bit of money I had on a new rod and succeeded although those ODM DNA are realllllly nice. Bill's talk was great as always. Loved the Q&A style. All in all great show, but would've been nice to see more vendors like last year in a bigger setting. Looking forward to the flea market show.

Had a great time at my first Striper Day. It definitely won’t be my last. It was nice meeting @BrianBM in the flesh, and spending too much money on new gear. I’m gonna start a thread for all our swag, I hope everyone shows us their take from today! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Got there at 7. Was one of the last on line inside the doors. By 715 everyone else was left to wait outside. Goodie bags were ok none of my guys got ones with plugs. Better location than Hofstra.

Ran into Marty. He says hi!!!!!

Edited by reelfire

I don't go balls out looking for crazy plugs and rods as like most folks I have enough stuff. If something catches my eye I grab it. Actually grabbed a few nice shirts and plugs. 

Was a little bummed I drove out from CT, waited in the rain 6-630, walked into the lobby and like 30 guys names were called to move up in the line. Not sure that was all about but I waited a lot longer than some of those fellas. Grab bag was ok, no SS but I was able to buy an SS Alien. Found some sweet plugs for $5 a pop. 

2 hours ago, reelfire said:

Got there at 7. Was one of the last on line inside the doors. By 715 everyone else was left to wait outside. Goodie bags were ok none of my guys got ones with plugs. Better location than Hofstra.

Ran into Marty. He says hi!!!!!

Marty who?

1 min ago, reelfire said:

The one and only MARTY. 

That MARTY...;)

marty.png.763a1aa4ae4a2fccf002afd0f07d6507.png

figured he was resting, he had a hell of a run

11 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

@Lou T....good times at the show. Would have been better if you was there. 

I probably would of bought something, I didn't need...:laugh:

Next one.

5 mins ago, Lou T said:

That MARTY...;)

marty.png.763a1aa4ae4a2fccf002afd0f07d6507.png

figured he was resting, he had a hell of a run

Nothing stops him.