cashews121

Ward Melville HS

Rate this topic

187 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2019 at 11:14 PM, joetackle said:

Going to the Babylon Gun show. Much closer to home.

Last minute update, Babylon Gun show cancelled. With the forecast now being rain, I will have to reconsider Ward Melville. 

Well.; if there is ann update to the Gun How, post the date here. 

:hugs:

If not, I will see various people at Ward Melville in the A M. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

So much for going to see the show.

Everything worked well, instead of snow we got a rain. Roads a clear and was looking forward to go

But

Wife is in the bed with flu (perfect timing) and can not leave her.

Edited by Popasilov

It wasn't a huge show, not as big as the March 2 show will be, but it was nice. I said hello to Fred Golofaro, Steve Petri, met Ksantangelo and her hubby Charles, visited a bit with Kilsong and his two assistants. At his table, I flexed a few of his rods; the Challenger 731H (VERY stiff) and 731MS, a Cape Cod rod, and one of the new prototypes - good Lord, is that thing light. For once in my life, I didn't start oozing money as soon as I came through the door; just half a dozen blackfish jigs and yet another pork-rind substitute.

Besides Kilsong and Black Hole, there were manufacturer's displays from Century (the gent with who I spoke agreed that the website badly needs updating and revising), ODM, and Lamiglas.

Lots of beautifully finished plugs and bucktails for sale. Steve Petri had Cousins rods marked down 20%. Be advised that Century has introduced a lot of new product in the past year, and any review of a given rod or blank more then two years old is probably out of date. Graphene, graphene, graphene everywhere. Ron Arra's Century blanks are shipping now. 

I listened to Lou Caruso (Redhawk) discuss rods for a bit.  Bill Wetzel was to speak, too, but I didn't stay long enough to hear him.

All in all, a pleasant way to spend a cold, wet Sunday morning. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

So my timing belt went this am and i got stuck on the side of the road for 4 hours in the rain and missed the show...I had a table to.I got stuck in a bad spot it was just a nightmare.I built like 50 darters for this show to...Hope it went well ...

Edited by IslandSurf

Just got back from the show.  No snow this morning, just rain....  All in all it was a good show.   Doesn't seem like there were as many vendors as there were from last year's event.  Place was definitely bigger.  Saw a 8' Black Hole rod that was only a prototype.  I liked the rod a lot and would have bought it.  I should have taken a pic.  Was hoping to see Tsunami there to show off the new Salt X,but they were a no show.  

I hope they move this show back to Hofstra next year.