How many Lumens in your Nightlight?

Rate this topic

Fishy4335

Ok for discussions sake I use the Energizer head lamps you can get at the depot or mart with a red light. My old one lasted years and still works but one night the button didn't work so I got a new one which is brighter I think it's around 200 lumens on high but even better you dont have to cycle through the modes to turn it off if you pause on any mode the next push turns it off. I pretty much only use the red it's the first mode so on then off where I used to have to cycle through the white lights and try to cover it. Oh and I would guess the red light is around 20 lumens. I also carry a little princeton tech around my neck with a red cone on the lens.

I don't get it.  What's up with all the bright lights?  At the Canal on certain busy nights it looks like a Star Wars light sabre battle.   Maybe it just me, with my history of secretive surf beach fishing.  My light only comes on while negotiating rough rocky ground, tying a knot or unhooking a fish.  And then only for a moment and that light is low lumens with a red lens.    I don't see any point in advertising what I'm doing.  

I use a red light, white when I really need it. Either way its dim. I cant fathom needing 10,000 lumens, never mind 40,000. I have a tactical light that goes up to 1000. Things insanely bright and I'd never want even close to that much light when fishing.

As someone else said, I'd wait for the sun to come up before I'd consider using 10,000 lumens fishing.

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

1 hour ago, GP100 said:

This has to be a joke. Nobody needs anything that bright for fishing the beach. 

I believe it's a joke too but I'll play along. 

My headlamp is 10 lumens. I have been using these for many years and they are all I need. I prefer the red bulbs but they are hard to find.

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

Edited by DAQ

Embrace American Privilege