Walnut

Delray beach or Juipter beach fly fishing

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Was trying to plan a summer vacation and was wondering if any of you guys did and fly fishing from the the beach in Delray beach or Jupiter beach.  I've fished down around Hollywood and Dania beach and got a few snook but never that far north....  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

I know there is a jetty on E Camino Real

in Boca   Never fished it , but looks good.   I  am going try it this. Year  

they say near the bridges are  good  to

Haven't done the summer in that area - just the winter. Gave up with a fly rod due to winds & surf.

Summers supposed to be calmer.  Do a search on this forum-- I believe the Boynton Inlet (beach south of ) is good. 

Boca Inlet also good.

Couple of parks just north of the Jupiter Inlet are good.

Free parking on all the beaches from Juno to Jupiter. South of Juno will be $ to park from what I have seen.

Thanks man,  I was just looking around at different places.  Most of the places I found to fish have life guards and usually can't fish between 9 to 5 when they are on duty.  Was also looking at Lauderdale by the sea.

10 hours ago, Walnut said:

Thanks man,  I was just looking around at different places.  Most of the places I found to fish have life guards and usually can't fish between 9 to 5 when they are on duty.  Was also looking at Lauderdale by the sea.

The farther south the more people = less access or more costly access. Plus, the middle of the day the more people out on the beach.

In Boca talk to Mike at the Ole Florida Fly Shop.

Also - around Boca/ Lauderdale hit the canals for Peacocks/ Cichlids & Bass. 

Gman said it, winds make a big deal when out of the East. Tough to get a cast off and deal with churned surf that comes with east wind. Main reason I am building a 13’ 2-hand overhead fly rod, beat the wind. 

That said, you can get fish when the winds aren’t beating you. I have sight fished snook off the sand around Juno pier and north/south a mile from there. Also the beaches on south end of Jupiter Island. When wind is blowing, you can wet wade the Intercoastal or Lake Worth. 

Almost any pond or "lake" in retail and residential areas will hold largemouths. There are some peacocks in WPB area in certain canals. Lake Ida has LMB, peacocks, and clown knife fish. I know a place to shore fish live bait there but it is under an overpass with no room for a backcast. 

What’s the average size of these peacocks  found in the canals   Around Boca / Deerfield beach area ?