Jay in the Bay

"Sold by Amazon.com Services, Inc,"

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Anyone buy anything from Amazon where it said it was sold by Amazon Services Inc.?

What does this mean? Is this actually sold by Amazon, or by someone else like a third party vendor ?

I ordered a Daiwa BG reel, and the weird thing is, I placed the order on January 8th, and the expected delivery is between Jan 28-31.

Would this mean the item is coming from a manufacturer? Or some random third party vendor with the risk of being counterfeit?

Jay I placed an order for a Dewalt hammer/demo drill also sold like you said by amazon services. I placed it on first week of Jan, not due in until a time frame of end of Jan to end of March. Cost is half the normal price and it’s reviews are good with quality wise just I haven’t called yet to ask WHY? So long? 

Ive ordered items before that have these long wait periods and the item has been fine. I normally recieved it on the earliest date stated. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Amazon Services Inc. is a subsidiary of Amazon.com that is basically drop-shipping items from 3rd party vendors.  It works like this:  I can set up a small company  buy a bunch of product/manufacture a bunch of product, then I send it to Amazon where it is stored, picked, packed and shipped.   

I think the tag line is "You sell it, We ship it"

Edited by DaD0ughB0y

Amazon just decided that an order I placed Thursday 1/10 was actually placed yesterday 1/11. A good way to improve delivery times.

2 hours ago, Deep Hole said:

Amazon is taking over the world...

Right up until somebody turns off the power.............Poof all gone..

Posted (edited) · Report post

I thought it was different until I looked it up. Seems they launched Amazon services back in 2003.

Edited by reelfire

23 hours ago, Skkeeter said:

Right up until somebody turns off the power.............Poof all gone..

The Russians would try and hack Amazon. Chinese wouldn't mess with it because it would open up attacks on Alibaba.  

On 1/12/2019 at 6:32 AM, Jay in the Bay said:

Anyone buy anything from Amazon where it said it was sold by Amazon Services Inc.?

What does this mean? Is this actually sold by Amazon, or by someone else like a third party vendor ?

I ordered a Daiwa BG reel, and the weird thing is, I placed the order on January 8th, and the expected delivery is between Jan 28-31.

Would this mean the item is coming from a manufacturer? Or some random third party vendor with the risk of being counterfeit?

If you buy anything from Amazon or Amazon Services - and it was counterfeit, they would refund your money immediately. There has never been a large company, in my experience, better with customer service. The reel you ordered is from Daiwa, I'm sure - the reason you are waiting is because they don't have any instock. Not sure why that would seem suspicious, it happens with every company and every product at some point :)

TimS

I ordered one of those Penn Slammer III 4500's when they went on sale.  I missed the first sale but managed to find it for $140 which was still a great deal until it wasn't.  The reel was supposed to come from China, which was weird but I didn't make much of it.  The delivery date was far out, about a month.  Didn't make a difference, too cold to fish.  About two weeks after I ordered it, I checked up on the order and it was delivered to some other address upstate NY.  I filed a complaint and was reimbursed immediately and fully.  Not sure if someone upstate got the reel I ordered or if it was some sort of a scam.  Obviously a scam, I'm just trying to figure out how it works.  Did they send the upstate person an empty box and try to pocket the money?

22 hours ago, TimS said:

If you buy anything from Amazon or Amazon Services - and it was counterfeit, they would refund your money immediately. There has never been a large company, in my experience, better with customer service. The reel you ordered is from Daiwa, I'm sure - the reason you are waiting is because they don't have any instock. Not sure why that would seem suspicious, it happens with every company and every product at some point :)

TimS

Yes.  Their customer service is remarkable.  Bezos lives and  breathes customer relationships.

On 1/14/2019 at 0:48 PM, fatbikerjoe said:

I ordered one of those Penn Slammer III 4500's when they went on sale.  I missed the first sale but managed to find it for $140 which was still a great deal until it wasn't.  The reel was supposed to come from China, which was weird but I didn't make much of it.  The delivery date was far out, about a month.  Didn't make a difference, too cold to fish.  About two weeks after I ordered it, I checked up on the order and it was delivered to some other address upstate NY.  I filed a complaint and was reimbursed immediately and fully.  Not sure if someone upstate got the reel I ordered or if it was some sort of a scam.  Obviously a scam, I'm just trying to figure out how it works.  Did they send the upstate person an empty box and try to pocket the money?

You bought from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. Amazon was not the seller.