Fish em or collect em

Rate this topic

member_76486

These are some of my mussos that won’t leave the display I’m not a flipper and I didn’t not purchase any plug I own thinking I was gonna re sell to make a profit I have many high end plugs that I have payed much more then what they go for at the shows I have Arsenal’s,Luna’s and a few others that I have payed a lot for but I will still fish. but there’s something about wood mussos that I feel they have that history  especially that some of them I have came in package with the “sure strike” before the became “super strike” not to mention most of them are signed by the man himself (don musso) and these plugs are most likely older then me

40FB298C-8FBC-4058-8665-763EB7A6853C.jpeg

Have to ask out of curiosity, for I am never early enough to ever get one.

what do Super Strike show plugs (or what ever they are called) go for at the shows? Also, are they only avaliable at shows or do they sometimes end up at shops? Not judging, just curious  what the deal with them.

"It's the weekend, I don't know you, you don't exist to me." The Hangover

12 mins ago, Jason B said:

what do Super Strike show plugs (or what ever they are called) go for at the shows? Also, are they only avaliable at shows or do they sometimes end up at shops? Not judging, just curious  what the deal with them.

Same price at the show. It's usually gone by the time I get there as well. Some are limited given away randomly in goodie bag. Then the stupid crazy price appear on ebay the very next day.  I did find a few old show special from a retailer.

No body fishes all their plugs unless they only have a few or have been in the game for 15 minutes. Do i collect? i might have about 25 plugs that are new that have not fished.  You better believe i got lots of plugs collecting dust. I once had a great bite in MTK on darters ask me how many Super strikes i bought over the winter.  Lucky for me this was well before the stoopid face book crap.  Am i going to fish the blue and green transparent super strike or am i going to fish yellow.  Seriously why fish any other color besides black white and yeller.  If you hate collectors but you by fancy plugs your a weiner too.  Actually you can catch more fish on Sp minnows, bombers and other plastic crap so if it's a tool why not use the best the sp minnow. 

31 mins ago, Jason B said:

Super strike does show special lures that are only made in limited amount specifically for that show sometimes they are given away in random bags given away at the entrance and sometime they are given to vendors to sell at tables for regular price which is from 17$-23$ I seen some sell for 30$ some  tackle shops had left overs that they did not sell at the show so they have a few they can sell in there shop once those are sold the only way you can get them is if someone is willing to sell it and they usually charge double if not triple the price there are some people out there that are willing to sell what they paid for plus shipping but usually ur paying an arm and a leg if you want it that bad.