SallyGrowler

What would you do?

Rate this topic

What would you do?  

1. 1. Fighting the power

• Sell and take a six-fig loss, never look back
    • Stand and fight but legal tangle could get pricey
    • Stay, keep your mouth shut and pretend all is well

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

2-pages in and a PG thread is free of poo flinging!

Because, no Democrats involved in the conversation. 

would like to see responses from the left side. I'm living local and micro government hell.

Had an investigator tell that being a condo manager or board member is pretty much a license to steal in Florida, and Florida has the toughest condo oversight laws in the country.

40 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

2-pages in and a PG thread is free of poo flinging!

if this was in the tavern, someone would have told you to bang the guy's wife.

8 mins ago, eddy said:

if this was in the tavern, someone would have told you to bang the guy's wife.

LOL - rumor in the building is the manager is a finocchio and his wife is a beard.

Part of our doc requests - we discovered a  payment for "entertainment for employee xmas party" to a person named "Mary Trini" or something like that. We did a search and it turned out to be a Tranny.

We even questioned the board why they would approve a Tranny as entertainment for an employee christmas party.  

If you get no response from the State AG ask the offending parties if they would care to buy you out (at no loss price) in order to make the problem disappear.

As part of the deal you sign to remain quite.

8 hours ago, SallyGrowler said:

LOL - rumor in the building is the manager is a finocchio and his wife is a beard.

Part of our doc requests - we discovered a  payment for "entertainment for employee xmas party" to a person named "Mary Trini" or something like that. We did a search and it turned out to be a Tranny.

We even questioned the board why they would approve a Tranny as entertainment for an employee christmas party.  

Maybe Ed Buck lives in your building with Hole Finder.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Once ANYONE gets personal with my wife....I'm either getting physical or contacting an attorney. Get restraining orders. Against all of them. Contact better business bureau.  Have your attorney do all this. Put a big bright light on all of it  After all said and done and you win...have the association pay your legal fees. 

15 years ago I was part of our association for less than a year. The "favors", "politics"....were just idiotic, dumb, ignorant. Not sure if anything was illegal or criminal but it was definitely shady. 

One guy tried to slander me(and wife)  Lol. At the next meeting I aired all his dirty laundry. In front of anyone. 

Then calmly told him if our name(more so my wife)came out of his mouth again I was gonna remove every one of his fake chicklet teeth. Told he was more than welcome to call the police.  

To this day the association is far from perfect but I don't get involved and they know to leave me alone. Lol. 

Edited by LBI SurfRat

And this is why I will never ever own a condo or live in an HOA!

Sounds like the seller of your condo found a buyer YOU NEED TO DO THE SAME!

Why live like this? Sell and get out and enjoy life.

Or better yet rent it out to the Northern hords that frequent FL.

On 1/12/2019 at 0:22 AM, jimmy z said:

If the mngr is corrupt and doing wrong, why are not all the condo owners up in arms about the mngmnt? 

Because 75% of the ownership is either absentee, non-US and/or offshore corporations (possible AML issue).

Some people did reach out to some non-US owners only to realize that the manager does favors for them.

I would say that at least 10% of the owners (50-60 out of 538 units) are fed-up.

This is not enough to influence change. But it is enough to demand a recall.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:24 PM, Gotcow? said:

If you get no response from the State AG ask the offending parties if they would care to buy you out (at no loss price) in order to make the problem disappear.

As part of the deal you sign to remain quite.

horse is outta the barn. I have a feeling that if we put the property on the market, we will get interest from some shady buyers.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:13 AM, CapeDave said:

And this is why I will never ever own a condo or live in an HOA!

Sounds like the seller of your condo found a buyer YOU NEED TO DO THE SAME!

Why live like this? Sell and get out and enjoy life.

Or better yet rent it out to the Northern hords that frequent FL.

wife and I discussed options last night while viewing sunset.

In a strange way if we don't leave and give these guys a dose of irritable bowel syndrome, it might be worth it. We sent the forensic accountant in on Friday. I am curious to see what they find on the cursory review.