Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlexAngler

SC Bottom Fishing

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

There isnt much to troll for this time of year in South Carolina. But the bottom fishing is still pretty good! Missed the grouper but found plenty of meat as well as had to release some huge american reds sadly. At one spot there were king mackerel everywhere and we manged to catch 1 and believe it or not had 1 free jump in the boat! Fish were caught in about 90 feet of water on jigs and bait. 

IMG_4947.JPG

2 hours ago, DannyDoan91 said:

Any good chartes near myrtle? Im here for the weekend and any info would be great.

I don't know too much about the myrtle area but I have been on a few party boat charters out of crazy sisters marina. This was a few years back but we would usually do pretty well on the sea bass depending on how deep they were going. Its also worth bringing a few bucktails or grabbing your own bait like squid. That is in Murrells inlet, there is also a bait and tackle store called Perrys, its an awesome store and the people working there are also really helpful with pointing you in the right direction as far as what is happening locally. Hope this helps!

1 min ago, AlexAngler said:

I don't know too much about the myrtle area but I have been on a few party boat charters out of crazy sisters marina. This was a few years back but we would usually do pretty well on the sea bass depending on how deep they were going. Its also worth bringing a few bucktails or grabbing your own bait like squid. That is in Murrells inlet, there is also a bait and tackle store called Perrys, its an awesome store and the people working there are also really helpful with pointing you in the right direction as far as what is happening locally. Hope this helps!

Murrells inlet is exactly where I'm going thanks for the info!