Material to stop a plastic bottle from leaking

Rate this topic

PurpelNoon

11 hours ago, Scallywag said:

I'm still bothered by the fact that the OP finds a need to make this complicated. There are plenty of wide mouth bottles and jugs that will hold drinks, without issue. 

I consider myself a bit of an expert on the matter. I pee in the back of my work van multiple times a day. I use a water bottle and dump the contents when in an area that I can do so. 

The bags I posted work flawlessly. My company provides them for us. Unless the OP is making multi State road trips daily/weekly, no reason not to invest in a few bags. They are designed for women to use as well and are idiot proof. The only reason I don't use the bags is I feel they are wasteful for the amount of times a day I would have to use them. I work 14 hours a day and instead of wasting time driving to find a bathroom, I just go. 

The nonsense of pulling over being a time waster is BS. You had kids, that's all they do is waste time. Get over it. Besides, wide mouth or not, a moving vehicle doesn't make it easy to make sure it all goes where it needs to. 

Sorry for the rant. Just annoyed that I keep coming here and finding this the top topic and no definitive choice made. :soapbox: 

No - I hear you! I havent been the one keeping this post alive. lol But I must say it has been quite humorous in some of the replies. Agreed its a lot more simple than Ive made it. Orange juice bottle is the winner. thanks.

Edited by PurpelNoon

1 hour ago, PurpelNoon said:

No - I hear you! I havent been the one keeping this post alive. lol But I must say it has been quite humorous in some of the replies. Agreed its a lot more simple than Ive made it. Orange juice bottle is the winner. thanks.

I was obviously being facetious in my tirade but yeah, K.I.S.S.  Glad you found a cheap simple solution. :clap:

This thread has me laughing at my desk. 32oz Gatorade bottles work well!  I hydrate a lot and rather not stop all the time so i piss in bottle.  My girlfriend found a piss bottle under my seat that got away and was horrified lol.

FYI They call them trucker bombs when they are tossed out the window (i do not toss them, i deposit them at the nearest wawa trash can)

The 5 minute rule. Do whatever you have to do to the bottle in the 1st 5 minute. You'll feel differently about that same bottle at later time.  Event though it's the same fluid that came out of yourself earlier. It's like getting pee on your hand vs cleaning the toilet.  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...