Braided line

Rate this topic

member_76486

I use original PP as well. I buy it off eBay mostly. I try to wait until someone is selling a spool for cheap to keep my stash stocked.

I have a few different lines to try on my next trip tho ... Seaguar Kanzen is thinner for smaller # test, like 20#, so I have some of that. I also have some Daiwa JBraid to try. I mainly decided to try others just because I found some cheap on eBay, and I don't have any issues with PP at all

I use both 832 suffix and original fireline.

I tent to use suffix where I'm gonna eat line more, like losing lures at jettys.  I use 50lb on jetty rods.  30 lb on one I might use for the surf too.

Fireline is underrated.  The force it takes to loose a 14lb fireline seems alot like when I loose 30lb suffix 832.

15lb is fluke and freshwater.   1st year with 3500 reels.  It'll be out in the spring.  It did great this winter on steelhead.  Although the line was overkill there. 8 or 10lb.  

Once I decide which reel will be double spooled, I'm gonna put 8lb fIreland for freshwater.

Got a slammer III 4500 that will get 20lb fireline.

Edited by salt deficient

I use power pro for saltwater and fireline for freshwater. I did alot of experiments with lines over the past few years and it cost me lots of money and I ended up coming back to the same 2 lines I started with. These were the 2 lines that were most trouble free and reliable for my style and gear. Suffix was also good for freshwater but it had some issues in 5 lb size if used on very small ultralight reels. For saltwater I tried suffix and went quickly back to original PP.  

832 and Jerry Brown for me.

braids a funny thing

All it takes is one break off on a good fish or a lost plug, and bam you are the lightning rod for flaming that ‘poorly’ made braid. I lost a great plug on a nice fish, using J-Braid, which may have been caused by not checking my line - buying a knock-off on eBay- or it may have actually been a really, really good fish, but I will never go back to J-Braid because it’s ‘their’ fault. Point is, we can be temperamental, superstitious women when it comes to the best braid. When you’re starting out, don’t the buy super cheap off Ebay or the super expensive off a Japanese  bass fishing website, and stick to something in the middle and you will be fine. Oh, by the way, J-braid worked great on the 721 fish prior to the one break off - but nonetheless - CURSE YOU J-BRAID

"It's the weekend, I don't know you, you don't exist to me." The Hangover