Paul.f150

Fluke Rod to pair with Calcutta 250

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi everyone,

Recently picked up a Shimano Calcutta 250 in mint condition and plan on throwing some 20lb braid on it and use the reel for some deep water fluke fishing. I'm looking for a casting rod that will be able to handle heavier bucktails in 3-5oz range. I'm leaning more towards a fast action rod in the $200 range. Any recommendations   *

Thanks

Paul

Edited by TimS
soliciting

Paul, I had to edit your post - we don't allow buying or selling outside of the BST Forums here. I'm sure folks can give you some recommendations but they wouldn't be able to sell you anything in this forum :)  Hopefully they can get you pointed in the right direction with suggestions and recommendations :th:

TimS

i have a 200TE on a slimwave tsunami rod. i also have the slow pitch series rod. Both are awesome rods for well less then what your budget is. Ive had a whole slew of rods and these stand out to me. mines on a 6'4 MH i believe. it'll give you some bucks also to put into a heavier setup. 3-5 oz will be pushing that calcutta after sometime 

23 mins ago, bac0701 said:

i have a 200TE on a slimwave tsunami rod. i also have the slow pitch series rod. Both are awesome rods for well less then what your budget is. Ive had a whole slew of rods and these stand out to me. mines on a 6'4 MH i believe. it'll give you some bucks also to put into a heavier setup. 3-5 oz will be pushing that calcutta after sometime 

Agreed, I have the tsunami slow pitch for fluking too - like it. 

Thanks everyone, anyone try the nexus series of rods from jigging world? They appear to be similar to the slow pitch with a slightly faster action. I currently have the tsunami slow pitch rod and just looking for a rod that has a faster tip.