No-dig fences

Rate this topic

ErikT

So. Looking for an alternative to paying for a fence for my moms yard. She has a nice back year for the dogs to run in but we can’t allow it because they will run away pretty quickly. My buddy recently got one of these and it seems pretty easy to install and sturdy for the most part. 

Anyone have ave any experiences with these no-digs? Any recommendations or thing to look out for?

I basically need 25 feet on both sides of the house extending to the neighbors property which is already fenced. 

thanks!

erikT

Edited by ErikT

It’s not cheap I can say that...and if you have rocky soil..fuhgettabout it. Also, the posts if you use metal fencing, has to be on the money. The wood is a little more forgiving. Personally, I’ve never done one, but watched the neighbor of a customer doing one...he did metal..he wasn’t good at measuring or plumbing the posts..lotta MFers I heard

6 hours ago, TimS said:

I’m not following - how would the fence be a fence if you didn’t have to dig post holes? 

You basically hammer a pipe into the ground and then spike a post through the fence sections into the pipe. So each “post” is actually in the pipe in the ground but only requires a hammer. Lol. 

Heres one installed:

D43A5932-991C-4D09-A9C0-D4FEE8DF6557.jpeg

4 hours ago, ErikT said:

You basically hammer a pipe into the ground and then spike a post through the fence sections into the pipe. So each “post” is actually in the pipe in the ground but only requires a hammer. Lol. 

Heres one installed:

D43A5932-991C-4D09-A9C0-D4FEE8DF6557.jpeg

Gotcha, thanks :th:  I guess with strong enough and deep enough "pipes" anchoring it should be pretty similar to normal fencing, right?

Why the no dig type fence? Something preclude digging the post holes in her area?

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

3 hours ago, Belmo said:

We got greyhounds. They can do this. :eek:

Numbers - how high is that? I already watched my allotment of videos for the day watching those free range morons get tazed :read: 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

it seems like anything that would prevent digging post holes would also prevent driving pipes into the ground, no?  Actually, I'd think that in rocky soil it's be easier to dig holes since you could remove rocks and such**** that are in the way.  Driving in pipes would be like putting in tent stakes - you have to poke around to find place it will go in and they never end up exactly where you want them.

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.