M&D's, closing

Rate this topic

gray gables

M&D  has been my favorite bait and tackle for many years. Prices were great and Mike is very helpful and friendly.  Hopefully whoever buys it is like him.  I've  wondered into Red Top numerous times over many years. I am always ignored. The day I saw an employee berate a customer to others in the shop after he left, was the last time I went in.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a sad time indeed. M&D's was the best shop around and the prices were good. The friendliness was genuine too. He didn't burn the canal like some of the other local shops did either. 

Thank you for everything all these years. You will be missed Mike!

I wish I bought more of his jigheads now. I'd buy 100 of them if I could. :(

Jigger judging from that story the store still might find some life if the right person comes along and buys Mike Out . This may well be an opportunity for some one to engage in a old bait and tackle shop that has a good customer base and has a good background in helping plug builders get established as well. I wonder  if the building in the back would be part of the business or just the store in the front? It would be a shame to lose such a place after many years of active sales.

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

On 1/25/2019 at 6:53 PM, HugeDinghy said:

Anyone know what they are asking? 

I was told it was a little over 250,000. It was in some local paper ? perhaps some one may have seen the add and post the right number

Life member M.B.B.A #509

3 mins ago, bob_G said:

They're asking $259000.

Thanks for the correct numbers and that sounds like a good number for what is there. Did it say both buildings in the advertisement?

Life member M.B.B.A #509