Bitemysluggo

ODM- DNA. 9'

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

ODM rods are brilliant. I have the 9t Genesis and my brother has the 9ft DNA. I’ve used it several times and it’s nice. I feel confident in saying it’s the best value and quality on the market at that price point. It’s as nice as some of the expensive customs.  Fits the VS150 great. 

On 1/9/2019 at 1:05 AM, Bitemysluggo said:

Any feedback on the 9' ODM/DNA rod? 

7 hours ago, jsbergen said:

ODM rods are brilliant. I have the 9t Genesis and my brother has the 9ft DNA. I’ve used it several times and it’s nice. I feel confident in saying it’s the best value and quality on the market at that price point. It’s as nice as some of the expensive customs.  Fits the VS150 great. 

What he said! :agree: I've previously posted / talked about the 9 footer being well matched to a Daiwa BG 4000 or Penn Spinfisher SSVI 4500 reel ... but I've moved up to a Van Staal VR 125 reel as an ideal ....  for a well balanced all around light weight surf rod. A Shimano Saragosa SW 6K would be pretty sweet as well.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Went to Pt. Pleasant to my favorite shop to look at the DNA but fell in love with the 9ft 6in Black hole Suzuki. The ODM's are really nice though.  The DNA is a 60/40 split. They sell some nice stuff!

Edited by rubberheels