salt deficient

Caddis Bootfoot?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Looking for a bootfit wader.  Looks like caddis has most of the market these days, most other do stocking foot.

I will be using these in an inflatable boat, so no studs.  I do have overboot korkers for the rocks.

How do the boot sizes go.  I am a 9 wide, but many size 10 shoes dont work well for me.  I usually try to get a 9 wide or half size up.

I have them as a back up pair. I have the LL Bean Kennebec waders that I use all the time. I fish mostly sandy beaches.  My buddy wears them and he is a big guy. I would order 2 pair in the sizes you might think fits and then return the one that doesn't. I had a pair of snowbees that I bought in Montauk years ago and they eventually dry rotted on the boot. I thought they were the best. Pricey, but loved them.

11 hours ago, salt deficient said:

Looking for a bootfit wader.  Looks like caddis has most of the market these days, most other do stocking foot.

I will be using these in an inflatable boat, so no studs.  I do have overboot korkers for the rocks.

How do the boot sizes go.  I am a 9 wide, but many size 10 shoes dont work well for me.  I usually try to get a 9 wide or half size up.

I'm a size 9.5 but used to go with the size 9.  I had about 3 pairs and never got a full season out of them with moderate use and rinsing after fishing.  I had contacted the manufacturer and explained my expectations and got no where.  I switched to LL Bean and only wish I would have done so sooner.

If to just get in and out of the boat, hip waders are much easier to throw your leg up and over in ... 

but loved my emergers , the old green ones .. so comfy and light , until they leaked everywhere ... just got the newer emerger 2s .. so far Only like a dozen trips in them and they very nice too .. just hate the built in belt loops but can live with it .. 

i would order one size larger boot size ... it’s nice to be able double up the heavey socks in them , for warmth and alil extra cushion on those long hikes 

Economy priced waders that don't leak after a season are like unicorns or leprechauns.  I tried Caddis boot foot waders a few years ago, and was thoroughly unimpressed. Leaked like a sieve.  I've had pretty good results with my LL Bean boot foot breathables.  Unfortunately they had to change their warranty policy due to all of the scammers out there.  I'd recommend a full shoe size larger for boot foots, though sometimes sizing varies between different brands. 

Had a pair of Caddis for a few years.The boots are heavy but comfortable.Once they started to leak it was a losing battle to patch them.I cut off and trashed the wader and still use the boots around the yard.They were ok for surffishing because you weren't standing in water all the time.The salt in the membrane will kill waders fairly quickly.Washing them everytime you use them will help for awhile.

I love my Orvis encounter bootfoots, only used twice so far though. Insulated boots make a huge difference, but the main thing I like about them is both the waders and the boots fit me perfectly...difficult to find in a bootfoot. 

I had caddis stockingfoots, and they sprung quite a few leaks. Retired after one season, and basically useless for the second half of that season. Bootfoot selection seems to be going down, but I still think they are far superior on sandy beaches.

The lightest and best I've found are Aquaz by far , I have several pairs use the 3 layer in waiter ! On 5 season and just had some minor seam leaks ! Used every winter trout fishing probably 35 trips or so per year in winter .

36 degree water feet are toasty even if must and in for long periods just wear sweat pants or fleece under waders good to go !