The Riddler

NocQua Battery

61 posts in this topic

1 min ago, The Riddler said:

Call Nocqua and see if you can get a new one...lol

yeah... Nocqua replacing my very old multi meter. That would be something for the record books if they did that. ..

15 mins ago, The Riddler said:

It's Jeff. Thanks for running the test Bill. For 3 years old that's not bad at all to be at 12.6 volts.

I know,  old joke from a few yrs back.:D

And thank you right back,  tons of intel always coming from your camp all the time! :th:

14 mins ago, EricJ said:

yeah... Nocqua replacing my very old multi meter. That would be something for the record books if they did that. ..

I read your post wrong. lol

13 hours ago, The Riddler said:

So 6 hours ago I pulled my charger off and set the battery aside in a heated room. I just plugged it back in and it took 36 minutes before the green light came back on. It just makes no sense why the battery will not stay how it comes off the charger.

I suspect it's running a default cycle regardless of being full or almost full......

Last night it ran for 45 minutes & it was pretty close to fully charged when i started....

i just plugged mine back in,  i'll report when it's green light on. 

6 mins ago, BillZ said:

I know,  old joke from a few yrs back.:D

And thank you right back,  tons of intel always coming from your camp all the time! :th:

Thanks. Did you plug in your the battery again to see how long that charger stays on?

Just now, BillZ said:

I suspect it's running a default cycle regardless of being full or almost full......

Last night it ran for 45 minutes & it was pretty close to fully charged when i started....

i just plugged mine back in,  i'll report when it's green light on. 

Thanks

4 mins ago, BillZ said:

OK it's green light on....

Took 9 minutes

ok. Thank you. That's more like it. If it takes me 38 minutes or so with the same charger and battery and yours is 3 years old I will take that new battery from Nocqua.

Riddler 

Look up cell balancing,  I'm not sure what electromics noqua has attached but,  (and this is just speculation)  being you have a new battery,  all the cells might not be fully balanced,  might take several discharge/ charge cycles to balance all the cells

So ( again speculation) if you charge the battery and it goes ti green light on than do it again,  it might be picking up the un balanced cell(s) & running another cycle...

Posted (edited) · Report post

Nocqua is sending the new battery for free and paying for all shipping. They asked for my new battery back. I will test both together and see if there is a difference.

Edited by The Riddler

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ok, ran a test on the fish finder with both batteries with the Helix 7 SI. Turned on with light full blast with all options turned on.  Outside temperature 25-34 degrees.  I do a lot of night fishing with the light turned on to 0 or 1. So that will extend battery life.

New Battery From Factory:  12 hours...Starting voltage 12.5  remaining voltage 10.2

Battery From Austin Canoe and Kayak:  10 Hours.....Starting voltage 12.6 remaining voltage 9.9

I don't have date codes on the NocQua's but it's quite possible the battery I got from Austin could have been old inventory and we don't know how the batteries were stored as far as temperature. My advice would be to buy factory direct for these batteries. It will give you a better chance having the newest battery available and a better value.

Edited by The Riddler

19 hours ago, The Riddler said:

My advice would be to buy factory direct for these batteries. It will give you a better chance having the newest battery available and a better value.

I bought direct from Nocqua.... sounds like I made the right decision (possibly)