Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inshore

Daiwa TD Black LT......?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Does anyone know with 100% certainty if this is the same reel as the Ballistic LT? Specs look the same.....

The all black looks BAD A@@!

TD-Black-Reel-1.jpg

Edited by Inshore

It can't be much else.  

It's mind boggling how many virtually identical reels they have out on the different markets.

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between the daiwa bg magsealed and the saltist nero

And how the hell the bg mag sealed is so much more money than the bg...when the exceler and fuego are so close in price.

And yeah....that reel looks much better all blacked out than the red color on the ballistic.

But it looks like an aussie market reel.

18 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

It can't be much else.  

It's mind boggling how many virtually identical reels they have out on the different markets.

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between the daiwa bg magsealed and the saltist nero

And how the hell the bg mag sealed is so much more money than the bg...when the exceler and fuego are so close in price.

And yeah....that reel looks much better all blacked out than the red color on the ballistic.

But it looks like an aussie market reel.

Yea, I agree, it only appears to be an AU reel.

Another one is the TD Sol III LT, and the specks look really good, 9 + 1 (5CRBB bearings)... I think these are only for the AU - NZ market as well. The big D needs to get their act together from a make/model marketing stand point. And I thought Shimano was bad, Daiwa takes it to a new level of crazy.... JMO...

I may have to pop on one or both and just see..... What to do??? LOL!!!

TD-SOL-III.jpg

The Sol reels - Inshore shows a pic of one, have been sold in NZ for a little while now. They are actually a slightly strange orange colour (though the reel looks gold in the picture) - not a very attractive colour.

6 hours ago, Steg said:

The Sol reels - Inshore shows a pic of one, have been sold in NZ for a little while now. They are actually a slightly strange orange colour (though the reel looks gold in the picture) - not a very attractive colour.

Steg, THX for the intel regarding the color on the Sol reels. I went web’n and found some “in use” photos, it is orangeish... YUCK!

The new Certate has been announced - it's been announced that it's coming out soon. Looks like it's an LT reel - several sizes of reel.

I saw that on Daiwa’s JP and AU sites. Looks like a good one 4 sure, Monocoque body, LT design, BUT... appears it will only be offered in the new sizes of 2500 thru 4000, not the larger 5000 or 6000.

Nice looking equipment as well!

445B27A1-3C82-4702-A73B-1345558BB6FF.jpeg

21 hours ago, Steg said:

Do you know where the Caldia LT fits into the lineup? 

3 hours ago, Inshore said:

Nice looking equipment as well!

Sure is! The Certate's a looker.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed there's no 6000 size. Maybe it'll come later. It does mean my 4000 HD has not been succeeded yet.

2 hours ago, buddha162 said:

Do you know where the Caldia LT fits into the lineup? 

The Sol is a little higher spec than the Caldia - but I don't think there's much difference between them. Both are made in China. I imagine the Certate LT is made in Japan. 

On 1/8/2019 at 9:27 PM, scoobydoo said:

I think I cracked that code.... LOL!!!

Saltist Nero appears to have the Air Bail and the MS BG doesn't... Maybe....

Now, WTH is the eliminator supposed to be? I'm so confused, I guess I'll stick with  Shimano... ROFL!!!

Edited by Inshore

18 hours ago, Steg said:

The Sol is a little higher spec than the Caldia - but I don't think there's much difference between them. Both are made in China. I imagine the Certate LT is made in Japan. 

Looks like the Caldia is a shallow pool version of the ballistic/TD black? haha 

Buddha, we don't have the Caldia in New Zealand. They have it in Australia, and I think there were something like 3 different versions of it. It was more of the Daiwa silliness - there were three or so versions of it available at the same time, with there being some spec differences between the different versions. But those were the previous Caldias. The new Caldia LT is different - I don't think it's just a shallow spool reel. I think they are offered in the full range of sizes including the 6000 size.

The Sol has got more bearings than the Caldia and is about 60 Australian dollars more expensive.

Edited by Steg
Corrected price difference between Sol & Caldia