Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

FCA / Ram eTorque

5 posts in this topic

The 2019 Rams are being fitted with an eTorque engine as a matter of course. All the reviews that mention this technology are of the 2019 Rams, though. I could swear I remember reading of eTorque installations in another, earlier vehicle, probably a sedan.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I doubt Ram would leap so heavily into the eTorque system if it hadn't first been deployed in some less conservative market segment (and P/U buyers are pretty conservative.) 

Posted (edited) · Report post

etorque?  Is that a hybrid system.  If so, theyll sell better than you think.  When chevy made hybrid tahoe people loved them.  Commuter lane.............

zero to do with planet or MPG.  100% about zooming past traffic.....

Edited by salt deficient

Yeah, it's an interesting hybrid system, runs at 48 volts.  The motor and generator are a single unit. Two versions, according to taste; the smaller is good for something like 70 hp. 

All reviews I've seen are very, very preliminary, first-drive type things.  

The Silverado is supposed to be fairly new this year too. (Year to year, "new" is always overstated, but still ... ) No doubt GM/Chevy has something to brag about as well, at least in ads.

I could swear that the eTorque system has been used in an earlier vehicle, but I just can't find anything on it.